X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trail Boss View Post
    "Buy nice or buy twice"?

Toothsome sound bite but we all know what happens after "buy nice".

You buy even more nice!
    Best comment of them all.

I agree though, nice begets more nice. I've got so much nice around here its starting to take over.
    Adopt a natural resource. Give back.

Comment

Better late than never? The rest of the survey answers, for anyone interested in reading them, at this point. My apologies that it only took 3 years! https://adirondack46er.wordpress.com...vey-revisited/

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but did you tally the results?
        Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
        Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
        Past President Catskill 3500 Club
        CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

• Pru
          Pru commented
          Editing a comment
          see rest of thread

• debmonster
          debmonster commented
          Editing a comment
          Tom, there's a link near the top within the text for the survey results.
          Pru, I really enjoyed reading your survey; thanks!

Originally posted by Trail Boss View Post
        "...There are some interesting revelations not the least of them being "my wife made me do it".
        That was me, Taras. I had decided years ago that the 46 was something I would (could) never do. Then, on a day in July 2007, Fran announced to me that she was going to become a 46er. It may have been the beer, but I said,"OK, I'm in." That exchange of less than 30 seconds changed my life!
        Nature we have always with us, an inexhaustible storehouse of that which moves the heart, appeals to the mind, and fires the imagination - health to the body, a stimulus to the intellect, and a joy to the soul. - John Burroughs

Comment

Originally posted by PA Ridgerunner View Post

That was me, Taras. I had decided years ago that the 46 was something I would (could) never do. Then, on a day in July 2007, Fran announced to me that she was going to become a 46er. It may have been the beer, but I said,"OK, I'm in." That exchange of less than 30 seconds changed my life!
          Go Fran!
          Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
          Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
          Past President Catskill 3500 Club
          CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

Thanks for posting the update Pru.
            Adopt a natural resource. Give back.

Comment

Don't see why so many people hate Allen. Yeah the climb is long, but it has a lot of character and varying terrain. There are some great views of the Great Range from like 3 different spur paths from the summit. Very cool survey tho, wish I could have been a part of it ):
              46er #9212

Comment

It's been 7 years (!) since this I posted this survey, and thought it was time to revisit it. The new one will be open for a month - access here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/333adkf

Feel free to retake it even if you took it back in 2012; there are some new questions added.

Thankfully it shouldn't take 3 years to tabulate this time, as I was able to include more answer options (i.e. less manual work!)

Comment

Took the survey

Comment

• Neil
                    Neil commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me too.

• Fat Man Hiking
                    Fat Man Hiking commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm in. Took a long time to filter out just one favorite memory/story. Every outing is a favorite in some way.

It won’t load the survey when I click on link it says it can’t find the page

Comment

• Pru
                    Pru commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try a different browser?

Just finished the survey - I don't remember if I had completed it earlier.
                  Mike

ADK 46r #8003; 6W
                  2nd round: 16
                  SL6r #596
                  Catskill 3500 21/39; 11W

Comment

Working...
                  X