No announcement yet.

My dad's visitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first time I saw these was a herd of them. I had never heard of such deer before, and man did they stand out. At first I thought they were cows in the middle of the woods!
    And because of all their tears
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity
    -George Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by rockysummit View Post
      Thanks for posting. I've been lucky enough to run into these "pretty" deer a few times in NJ. Once a whole herd of them at High Point SP. Got some pretty good photos one is with a buck that wouldn't leave. Guess he thought she was pretty too! Check out the pics http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/5...vhost=outdoors
      Beautiful Tony!!!

I don't know who was more curious about whom, you or the deer. They were checking you out pretty good too.

Thanks for sharing. - Cindy
      Snickers
      I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
      -Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by rockysummit View Post
        Thanks for posting. I've been lucky enough to run into these "pretty" deer a few times in NJ. Once a whole herd of them at High Point SP. Got some pretty good photos one is with a buck that wouldn't leave. Guess he thought she was pretty too! Check out the pics http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/5...vhost=outdoors
        That's too cool! High Point, huh? It looks like the album was put up pretty recently, did you run into that herd this year? I got to get up there and see if I can't get a gander at those deer.

Comment

LRL, I just put those pics up last night when I saw this thread. I spotted that deer in the photos while driving a dirt road at Splitrock Reservoir in NJ, 2006 I think. Sorry but the HP sighting was way back probably 15 years at least. I have never seen any there since, though I don't head over there very often these days... Cindy I must not have appeared or smelled like a threat. Guess I didn't eat a garlic pizza the day before... Pretty scary!
          -Tony
          And because of all their tears
          Their eyes can't hope to see
          The beauty that surrounds them
          Isn't it a pity
          -George Harrison

Comment

I'm only seeing this for the first time ..... thanks for posting photos of these beauties - I particularly like the long eyelashes and curious expressions (?) on their faces. Nice shots Nancy and Tony!
            My BREATH OF FRESH AIR PHOTOGRAPHY Website
            My Picasa Public Photo Gallery

Comment

Working...
            X