Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad's visitor

This little deer comes and stops by my dad's house.....it loves the apples

And its beautiful too look at!! It's called a piebald deer, they are born this way...and thought I would share.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...cid=EMsharview
    Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson

Cool picture. Hard to see the eyes in the photo, Is it albino?
    There have been two albino deer in the Old Forge area that I am aware of over the past 25 years.

Norm

Comment

Where is this deer at or shall I say, where does dad live? cool looking.
      ADK 46-R #6750W
      CL-50 - #51
      CATSKILLS- 9/39
      NPT Complete 7-6-13

Hiking photos

Comment

Wow - I've never seen one like that...cool shot.
        Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterWarlock View Post
          Wow - I've never seen one like that...cool shot.

They are very rare actually. They are usually on someones wall though as hunters love the trophy.

Cool find Nancy.
          OUTDOOR SHOTS

More hiking Pictures

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 46/46 ADK
          Easy Cheese and Cheez Whiz 46/46 winter

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 20/35 CATS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine1 View Post
            Cool picture. Hard to see the eyes in the photo, Is it albino?
            There have been two albino deer in the Old Forge area that I am aware of over the past 25 years.

Norm
            No this isn't an albino even though I remember my friends photo when they came upon an albino deer...everything is white, with pink eyes and nose. Antlers were almost transparent. That was a cool too...as for this its just there coat that makes then look like the pinto horse

Originally posted by viewseeker View Post
            Where is this deer at or shall I say, where does dad live? cool looking.
            Not telling I don't want him to get shot....even though I am afraid that will probably happen.
            Last edited by Highonlife; 09-30-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlene
              Pretty baby. Looks like she got playing with the bleach bottle.
              On the West Coast we have white Spirit Bears. Wonder if there's such a thing as Spirit Deer?
              I know what your saying....sort of like the white buffalo ...so I am going to take this as a good sign

Comment

WOW, beautiful deer.

Thanks for the education and sharing Nancy.
                Snickers
                I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
                -Maya Angelou

Comment

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Hopefully he/she comes back many more years..
                  If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Thanks for posting. I've been lucky enough to run into these "pretty" deer a few times in NJ. Once a whole herd of them at High Point SP. Got some pretty good photos one is with a buck that wouldn't leave. Guess he thought she was pretty too! Check out the pics http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/5...vhost=outdoors
                    And because of all their tears
                    Their eyes can't hope to see
                    The beauty that surrounds them
                    Isn't it a pity
                    -George Harrison

Comment

Nice picture Nancy, she's a cutie!

jay

Life is a short, warm moment
                      And death is a long cold rest.
                      You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:
                      Eighty years, with luck, or even less.
                      -Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by rockysummit View Post
                        Thanks for posting. I've been lucky enough to run into these "pretty" deer a few times in NJ. Once a whole herd of them at High Point SP. Got some pretty good photos one is with a buck that wouldn't leave. Guess he thought she was pretty too! Check out the pics http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/5...vhost=outdoors
                        OMG...how beautiful, I just think they are so dam magical. Thank you for posting this too, they are awesome shots and I just love them Thank you again

Comment

I like Charlene's idea about the White Spirit...they are beautiful.
                          Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

Comment

Thanks HOL, they are beautiful... and also an easy target for hunters.
                            And because of all their tears
                            Their eyes can't hope to see
                            The beauty that surrounds them
                            Isn't it a pity
                            -George Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by Highonlife View Post
                              This little deer comes and stops by my dad's house.....it loves the apples

And its beautiful too look at!! It's called a piebald deer, they are born this way...and thought I would share.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...cid=EMsharview
                              Absolutely beautiful and totally unique! I would love to see something like this in the woods or my backyard.

Thanks HOL, they are beautiful... and also an easy target for hunters.
                              Yes, I was looking up the Piebald Deer last night after reading these postings and this was what I found.
                              http://www.northamericanwhitetail.co...s/ww_aa022003/

Good for you Nancy, not telling where yours is.
                              It is easier to become a Forty Sixer than to be one. The art of the being is to keep one's sense of wonder after the excitement of the game is over. ...”There are few experiences in life that do not need to be expressed in words. Becoming a Forty-Sixer is one... How to be one is up to the individual.”

Paul Jamieson Class of '58

Comment

Working...
                              X