..another adkhighpeaks Patch run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..another adkhighpeaks Patch run?

We've actually had some interest in this lately. We did a run of 200 back in the summer of 2006 and all sold pretty well (quicky). I ended up buying 8-9 (for me and the fam) and we ended up sewing them on fleeces, packs and one on my soft shell (over the EMS label ). In that way, we kinda made our custom line of "gear".

I'm not sure if it's the calendar, or the effort to give back, but it does seem as some folks are interested in these. I'll be honest, the profit margin on them is pretty thin, but still everything we make would go to the Foundation. The reall issue is; Is it worth it? Do we just order 100? 200? etc...

Answer the poll above and it will give us a guage on what interest there is out there.

Oh yeah the patch is pretty snazzy (thanks to Timmus and ADKatie);

Here is a picture of one of the patches from the last run (these would be the same).

p.s. This is the official image of the forum and logo for the Foundation.
    I'm good for one (1)
    28.57%
    I'd get a couple (2)
    32.14%
    I eat patches, and I'm hungry (3 or more)
    7.14%
    We don't need no stinking patches
    0.00%
    I'd rather see something else offered (please specify)
    32.14%

The poll is expired.

"The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb

I bought a bunch last run and saved them away, figuring the price would go through the ceiling in a few years. So no, I don't want you to make any more stinking patches, otherwise I'm gonna go broke.

Hey, maybe I'll do the same thing for the 2009 calendars. In a couple of years they'll be worth... oh, never mind.

Seriously though, buy some more patches. They'll sell.

Back to the poll question... my answer is YES. But that wasn't one of my options (here we go again ). I don't know if I'll buy any more right away, at least not until I've finished eating the ones I've already got.
    Last edited by randomscooter; 10-30-2008, 10:39 AM.
    Scooting here and there
    Through the woods and up the peaks
    Random Scoots awaits (DP)

Eat, sleep, hike, repeat.

It doesn't have to be viewtiful to be beautiful. (NL)

"Pushing the limits of easy."

Comment

I'd personally prefer stickers. I like patches, but never take the time to put them on my pack. Plus, I upgrade my daypack about every 3 years, so I don't have that "special" one that has 10 or 20 patches on it that I've had since 1989. Sticker, though, are forever.
      Videos --- Camp Loonsong

Comment

re: Randomscooter's query (for all the other difficult ones out there like him )

If you think its a good idea, but are unsure on the amount/quantity you'd want, just select the first choice (1 patch). We'll consider it an affirmation vote. Nobody is held to account for voting in the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by ADK88 View Post
          I'd personally prefer stickers. I like patches, but never take the time to put them on my pack. Plus, I upgrade my daypack about every 3 years, so I don't have that "special" one that has 10 or 20 patches on it that I've had since 1989. Sticker, though, are forever.
          Another argument for stickers... a sticker on your car will draw more attention from a wider range of viewers than a patch on your pack (or Neil's thong ).

Originally posted by Mavs00 View Post
          re: Randomscooter's query (for all the other difficult ones out there like him )
          Hey, I can't help it if your stupid poll doesn't give a YES option for a YES/NO question!!
          Scooting here and there
          Through the woods and up the peaks
          Random Scoots awaits (DP)

Eat, sleep, hike, repeat.

It doesn't have to be viewtiful to be beautiful. (NL)

"Pushing the limits of easy."

Comment

Originally posted by ADK88 View Post
            Dude - you're young...sew the patches onto your car. You'll just need a special needle and a little elbow grease.
            Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

Comment

Stickers!!

I'd me more interested in stickers that patches. I already have 2 patches
              I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.

- E. B. White

Comment

sticker for me ... altho I might like a patch too.

Comment

For the record, we could probably do 100 stickers, 100 patches......

Looking quick, I can probably get the stickers done and they'd cost $3 per (perhaps 2 for $5.75) and that would net a little profit above cost (not much though).

Come to think of it, I already have 10 patches on different stuff, so perhaps the window thing is a good idea.

Patches would have to probably go to $3.75 with a smaller run of 100.

Comment

patches/stickers

I'd like both
                    An OLD man once said …There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of LIFE, getting back up is LIVING.

Comment

I too would go for a sticker. A sticker makes it easier to show other people how cool I am.
                      Hike Always.
                      http://dunbarsm.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Adirondack Ladies View Post
                        I'd like both
                        me too! Plus Callenders.
                        Map and compass man!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunbar View Post
                          I too would go for a sticker. A sticker makes it easier to show other people how cool I am.
                          I have patches--Gimme Stickers!! I want to be cool too
                          I could put one on my Lambo
                          Last edited by billandjudy; 10-30-2008, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunbar View Post
                            A sticker makes it easier to show other people how cool I am.

Where did you plan to stick them?
                            Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterWarlock View Post
                              Dude - you're young...sew the patches onto your car. You'll just need a special needle and a little elbow grease.
                              On my car? Wow, that'd be a fun task. No thanks, I spent 2 hours attempting to sew my gators the other day. Also broke a needle. Can't imagine what it would take to sew a patch onto my car, lol.

Maybe I could drive it up to Rochester and you could do it for me?
                              Videos --- Camp Loonsong

Comment

Working...
                              X