Support your own Maximum Enthusiasm in 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support your own Maximum Enthusiasm in 2022

I love the writings of Leonard, and i might have posted this within the last few years around this time of the calendar, but it can't hurt to give it another read.

I hope you all have an enthusiastic and happy 2022!

https://www.outsideonline.com/cultur..._term=dispatch
    "...don't assume you can't do it...we all make mistakes and sometimes fail. Keep working and learning, and be committed to improving fitness, and there is no limit to what you can do." Joe Bogardus
    "I believe it is in our nature to explore, to reach out into the unknown. The only true failure would be not to explore at all." Ernest Shackleton

I’m glad I read that, it was hands down the best fahking article I read today! Maybe even in 2022!
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

Comment

• bikerhiker
      bikerhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      YES! I don't think I have a Motley Crue shirt right now, but I think I'm going to go change into my Ramones or Pink Floyd or Depeche Mode shirt!

Cool article. He wrote one of the few books that I've read more than three times: I Hate Running and You Can Too.

Disclaimer: I do not own a Motely Crue shirt, but I have a Jar of Flies shirt from ~'94 that I aspire to fit into again someday. When that day comes, everyone who knows me will know about it
    My mind was wandering like the wild geese in the west.

Comment

• bikerhiker
      bikerhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      YES! While normally "I Stay Away" from shirts that old, there's "No Excuses" to get back into it!

When deer hunting in my doghouse blind seemed stale for me (whoaa, total "Man in the Box"), i started bringing along his "Funny Sh!t in the Woods", seemed appropriate.

• FlyFishingandBeer
      FlyFishingandBeer commented
      Editing a comment
      bikerhiker Before I started using a hunting blind I "would" using a tree climber or sometimes hunker "down in a hole." The problem I have with being exposed like that is that the deer frequently "don't follow." Now I use a Rhino blind with a comfortable seat (thankfully not an "angry chair"). Alright, "what the hell have I" done...I've gotten off on a tangent. In a "nutshell" its "your decision" to hunt how it best suits you.

I've never read that one, but thanks for the recommendation. I'll add it to my to-read list.
Working...
X