• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yury
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/iancorlessp...58007270891764
    May 22 at 12:47 AM · Oslo, Norway ·
    Yesterday @elisbo - Elisabeth Andreasson Borgersen @scottrunning - went up and down the vertical meters of
    #Everest in one day, with a total distance of 77km. (30x ⬆️⬇️a 300m vert ski slope)
    Now that is hard core!
    An amazing 17h 40m effort
    Joined by @abelonely @inov_8 who climbed ⬆️⬇️ 6000m in 54km for a time of 12h 38m.
    Both doing the @runnersworldnor
    #skyisthelimit#runnersworldchallenge_2020 - I think they may well have topped the table!
    The location was
    #wyllerlřypa#Norway
    @sonyalpha @zeisscameralenses
    #sonygmaster @ Wyllerlřypa

I would need more than a month to reach the same goal. :(

Leave a comment:

• Gerard01
    commented on 's reply
    If you leave the door open to your freezer, set up a fan nearby and crank the air conditioner up to max cold, you might get in the ballpark.

• CatskillKev
    commented on 's reply
    As with any mountain really, its better if you live nearby.

• Makwa
    commented on 's reply
    No equipment... check. No lack of oxygen... check. Up/down between camps... check. Climbing total height of Everest... check. The tiny scale of 20 feet at a time... check. I think that's all of them other than weather which would be impossible to replicate.

• CatskillKev
    replied
    In regards to the original thought about problems with the climb. No equipment is probably one thought, no breathing restriction another. Are you supposed to wrap frozen peas around your knee, while you're trying to use it? I did like that he mentioned going backwards some on descent. These are specifically aimed at the 53 year old in the original post, but some of these would go for the other one, too (the 51 year old).

Oh, also, they are going by the actual height of Everest. Of course, Everest climbers do go up to acclimate and then come back down, and go up, and .... So, I suppose that's fair. I don't know your average elevation gain for a successful Everest climb.

Its a bit safer, not leaving your stairway, and just having one little 20 foot descent, after you're done.

On the other hand, climbing your stairs this extremely in a pandemic, could result in you becoming a distraction for hospital staff.

Leave a comment:

• Bunchberry
    replied
    Never climb Everest. Its just a vanity show set in a garbage dump and grave yard.

Leave a comment:

• CatskillKev
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, got you, didn't work for me at first.

• Makwa
    commented on 's reply
    There's only the one paragraph. It goes with the minute and a half long video just above it.

• CatskillKev
    commented on 's reply
    Makwa, your story is actually a 53 year old. I only saw the first paragraph on your link.
    Last edited by CatskillKev; 04-14-2020, 10:24 PM.

• CatskillKev
    replied
    Here's another 51 year old guy who did his equivalent Everest in 24 and 1/2 hours...

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/11/meet-...airs-12542137/

Leave a comment:

• How a Man Climbed Mount Everest by Taking the Stairs in His Home

Perhaps some of you nitpickers will point out some of the things that bothered me...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...164428768.html
Working...
X