Benefit for our own Num Num February 2nd Ausable Forks Fire department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefit for our own Num Num February 2nd Ausable Forks Fire department

If you are in the area please drop by the Ausable Forks Fire Department Sunday Morning Feb 2nd between 8 and11 a.m. for a benefit breakfast to benefit our own NUM NUM who has been a very long time member of this community, a lifesaver in the helping us behind the scenes on keeping this site up and running and an all around super individual.
    So far Kyler, Winter Warlock and my self plan on attending and hope to encourage all who can attend to do so. Story and additional information below.
    https://www.suncommunitynews.com/art...ttling-cancer/

"Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

Very kind of you, Jack.

Thank you for your support!
    If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

I won't be around for the breakfast but I just donated to the GoFundMe page. Here is the link if anyone else needs it:
      ​​​​https://www.gofundme.com/f/911-dispatcher-friends

Craig , I hope that you are doing okay after your surgery, and that you hear more good news. It sounds like you have a wonderful support network.
      We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing ~ Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by debmonster View Post
        I won't be around for the breakfast but I just donated to the GoFundMe page. Here is the link if anyone else needs it:
        ​​​​https://www.gofundme.com/f/911-dispatcher-friends

Craig , I hope that you are doing okay after your surgery, and that you hear more good news. It sounds like you have a wonderful support network.
        The support has been profound. Thank you!
        If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Thanks for the link to the go-fundme page Deb!

if you cannot attend the breakfast please consider making a donation.
          "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
          Ed Viesturs

Comment

I hope to see you there!

Comment

For those who were able to attend the benefit breakfast I want to apologize that I missed you. We had full intentions of going to the breakfast. After the kidney removal the doctor took me off my blood pressure medicine (Lisinipril (ace inhibitor)) and had me put on a different kind, one that would be easier on the existing kidney (Toprol (beta blocker)). To make a long story short my blood pressure wasn't under control yet and was unnervingly high for me (138/103) so I thought best to lay low for the day.

In any event, I have heard the breakfast was a huge success. I'll report back with the final figures, but preliminary results are over $3,000. The support has been profound, and humbling.

Thank you all.
              Last edited by Craig; 02-04-2020, 10:08 AM. Reason: poor grammar :)

Comment

• Neil
                Neil commented
                Editing a comment
                The food was amazing!

• WinterWarlock
                WinterWarlock commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, of course we all missed seeing you, but rest and recovery are important now...we'll see you soon enough! Keep healing, and know that we're thinking of you.

And as Neil said, the food was fantastic!

Sorry I missed this whole thread until now. From one firefighter to another, I wish you a speedy and total recovery.

Comment

Hey folks, at this challenging time please also keep our Forum brother Craig (aka NumNum) in mind.
                He is currently at Johns Hopkins, and was scheduled today to undergo the second of two surgeries to remediate his cancer.

More info and updates are available at https://www.gofundme.com/f/911-dispatcher-friends

Last edited by SummitHat; 04-02-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Absolutely, thanks SH. I dropped him a short note yesterday but please feel free to post words of encouragement here. Craig has been a long time member of this community and has been essential along with Kyler of keeping both forums up and running.

Craig, please know we are all thinking about you in our thoughts and prayers today and everyday.
                  Ed Viesturs

Comment

Prayers up Craig...keep on fighting.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words, vibes, and prayers offered up.

So I met with the neurologist and the oncologist today and they are both very pleased with the results of the surgery. They both agree that they got 90 to 95% of it and the rest they can get with radiation treatment. The radiation treatment will be three consecutive days in a row and then I should be all done.

We have our first oncology doctor visit on the 13th. Today was basically a consultation via webex. The 13th will be a day filled with doctor visit/mri/ctscan to prepare for the radiation treatment.

The actual radiation treatment will occur sometime in May. They want to let my body heal from this recent surgery first.

Both physicians see no reason why I cannot resume hiking after a few months rest and recover.

Comment

That's great Craig, congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                        X