Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely help with firewood, as I drive by the trailhead with some regularity. But where does one leave it so that it doesn't just get burned by folks using the lean-to?

Comment

Just wait.

What we need for the international hockey game is for a crew to go the site and harvest a quantity of dead and down logs. Said logs will be stacked somewhere near the Lean-to but out of sight to avoid pilfering.

Comment

OK so Copperas Pond will be full of ringers and ersatz 'honorary forum members' who will drink all the beer. We'll need a more hiker-legit spot for the real ADKHP forum members game. Moss Pond anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
          AIf we get enough volunteers then I will contact both the DEC and Hockey Night in Canada.
          Do you think you could also line up Don Cherry to do the highlights and analysis after the 1st Intermission?

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Hear the Footsteps View Post
            Do you think you could also line up Don Cherry to do the highlights and analysis after the 1st Intermission?

Don
            Funny you would ask. I got this today:
            Dear Neil,
            As you know Grapes is a big fan of yours and reads your forum every day. In reading about your Sentinel Wilderness hockey game that will pit Canadians (ie. real hockey men) versus Americans (wimps, all of them) Don and I got to thinking it would be a great event for the CBC. Considering that the season seems to have gone down the tubes thanks to that Bettman idiot we should have no problems raising a few hundred grand in order to produce your Copperas Pond game in a fitting manner, with plenty left over for your foundation. Please let me know if this plan jives with you and your foundation buddies.

Sincerely,
            Ron McClean for Don Cherry

Comment

Don
              Appalling.

Rick Jeanerette or bust.
              Adopt a natural resource. Give back.

Comment

Originally posted by vieWseeker View Post
                Theres a Hockey Lockout??? Who new....
                There is a Professional Hockey League???? Who knew?

Except for a couple of Canadians and some North Country folks...
                Ready to join AlpineLamb's flock...

46W +1W
                AlpineAce: 46/46
                AlpineNinja: 46/46

http://adkwannabe.wordpress.com/about/

Comment

Is this where I ask, who is bringing the Zamboni?
                  Enjoying the journey with my favorite hiking partner.
                  Please visit ADKGurl's Blog: 46-High-Peaks

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                    Just wait.

What we need for the international hockey game is for a crew to go the site and harvest a quantity of dead and down logs. Said logs will be stacked somewhere near the Lean-to but out of sight to avoid pilfering.
                    And how will we camouflage the trail that dragging this many logs to this 'hidden spot' thru the snow will create?
                    Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
                    Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
                    Past President Catskill 3500 Club
                    CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

Originally posted by TFR View Post
                      And how will we camouflage the trail that dragging this many logs to this 'hidden spot' thru the snow will create?
                      Thats why ideally you would do that now, and then use the snow that will be coming soon to cover your tracks.
                      Adopt a natural resource. Give back.

Comment

Don
                        I don't think Grapes would be willing to put Blue on a leash. Oh, wait... no leash rule in the Sentinels - never mind!

Lafleur did end his career with the Rangers, you know - may he could be co-opted to side with the Americans. Is there a place for "old guy who was never that good and now hasn't been on skates in quite a few years"?

Comment

I'm closing this thread because Copperas Pond is out.

The venue shall be Connery Pond.

Click here to go to the new Connery Pond hockey thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X