This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey game on Copperas Pond?

Just trying to get a feeling (way in advance) if anyone would be interested in playing in or watching a hockey game on Copperas pond early next winter.

We could organize a game between Teams Canada and USA. It requires a permit and some long range planning. It would be a lot of fun (I know, I've already done it once.) There is a lean-to and fires are allowed. Copperas Pond is a 20 minute walk in from the road.

(Pretty obvious that Team Canada would totally whip Team USA's ass. After all, I have already lined up Sidney Crosby to play center. )

Actually, even without Sid the Kid, Canada (with one hand behind back) would whup USA's ass so bad it could cause an international incident.
    Last edited by Neil; 03-06-2012, 01:20 PM.

First of all "Sid the Kid" can't even remember where he lives anymore after all those concussions he is more like Sid Barret was from Pink Floyd.
    Yes I would definately be interested however it is true that since it is the only sport other than Curling (american bowling on ice, stone and broom Vs. bowling shoes and tacky shirts) in Canada you do have a evolutoinary biological advantage over us poor Yanks. We would have to decide on how to level the playing surface.
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

Comment

Originally posted by ADKJack View Post
      We would have to decide on how to level the playing surface.
      How 'bout we spot you a 100 goal lead?

JK.

Pretty sure we'd want to mix the teams up. 'Specially if Team USA's bench is a tad short.

Comment

OK. but I call dibs on Highonlife Nancy.
        Sad thing is I just chucked or donated a ton of old hockey gear.
        "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
        Ed Viesturs

Comment

Originally posted by ADKJack View Post
          We would have to decide on how to level the playing surface.
          Since I would be playing for Team Canucks, and I skate as well as I swim, and I swim like a rock, I think that levels the playing field.

Sounds like a hoot of an idea.
          http://picasaweb.google.com/RandonneesetAlpinismeGBLL

Comment

Originally posted by Brew View Post
            Since I would be playing for Team Canucks, and I skate as well as I swim, and I swim like a rock, I think that levels the playing field.

Brew will be playing goal. So, shoot high. (just levelling the playing ice )

Comment

I agree that it sounds like a hoot and I'm in. BTW, some Rocks can swim and a few of us even skate I also just gave away a locker room full of gear but I'm guessing skates, stick and gloves will do it, n'est-ce pas?
              "Where I'm goin', I don't know
              But I'll be headed out in sun, rain, hail or snow"
              -The Saw Doctors

Comment

Originally posted by RockON View Post
                I'm guessing skates, stick and gloves will do it, n'est-ce pas?
                Up in Canada we just use skates and clubs. (None of have any front teeth left)

Comment

In goal, I sometimes swap my goalie stick for a Cobra technical ice axe. It's very sharp. And since I can' t skate, I also wear my 12 point crampons. So you loafers watch out.

Nobody steps into my crease. If they do, they'll feel the wrath.

Makes me wanna go watch Slap Shot all over again, or maybe that new movie, Goons.
                  http://picasaweb.google.com/RandonneesetAlpinismeGBLL

Comment

Makes me wanna go watch Slap Shot all over again, or maybe that new movie, Goons.
                    Hey, the Hansons (Carlsons) are ours; Minnesota. If they play, I guess I won't need the gloves after all.
                    "Where I'm goin', I don't know
                    But I'll be headed out in sun, rain, hail or snow"
                    -The Saw Doctors

Comment

Can you bring a ping pong table out there? Could play on microspikes..

Jay

Life is a short, warm moment
                      And death is a long cold rest.
                      You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:
                      Eighty years, with luck, or even less.
                      -Pink Floyd

Comment

I'm definately in if you get it together. Sounds like lots of fun. It would be nice to get the skates out for something other than public skate at the indoor rink downtown.

I agree with Jack, you can have Crosby, you are gonna need him. Team USA works miracles on Essex County ice.
                        Adopt a natural resource. Give back.

Comment

Originally posted by Commissionpoint View Post
                          I agree with Jack, you can have Crosby, you are gonna need him. Team USA works miracles on Essex County ice.

NIIICCCCEEE!
                          https://picasaweb.google.com/masshysteria1958

Comment

Neil and ADKJack should be the referees.....
                            8000m 0/14

Comment

I'm putting on the foil now...

Comment

Working...
                              X