Advanced Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Search

Looking at the tips under Advanced Search. Seems like there are very few Boolean operators and terms to use. Like multiple search for words together and AND. Is this right?
    Was searching for a quote by Pete Hickey (Slave Driver) and couldn't get there without a huge number of hits. Also Pete seems to have dropped of the search list for members.

Don

pete_hickey is still here.
    Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
    Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
    Past President Catskill 3500 Club
    CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

Originally posted by Hear the Footsteps View Post
      Looking at the tips under Advanced Search. Seems like there are very few Boolean operators and terms to use. Like multiple search for words together and AND. Is this right?

Don
      I haven't played around much with the advanced search to be honest. I suspect those are two examples. Have you tried using other boolean operator searches?
      If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post

I haven't played around much with the advanced search to be honest. I suspect those are two examples. Have you tried using other boolean operator searches?
        No haven’t yet. I got to what I wanted after TFRs post. I will try soon & let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post

I tried some on my PC. The ones you get from Google search. And it seems to work better than on my Ipad Mini (which is preferred because on no startup time).
          I was looking for something by pete_hickey and it did help that I put his name in the users field.

On my mini not quite the same. The software does present itself different. Not sure if that is a sign of a difference.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Hear the Footsteps View Post
            On my mini not quite the same. The software does present itself different. Not sure if that is a sign of a difference.

Don
            Quite possibly. Browser software does play a huge roll.
            If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Working...
            X