Mt-Lincoln Woodman Dorcey Route Dec 13th 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt-Lincoln Woodman Dorcey Route Dec 13th 2012

To keep in the spirit set by SoloJoe and to give information about interesting outing that waits your visit, I have decided to write a small TR about this route that I have done last December.

Mt Lincoln viewed from the summit of Moosilauke

To find the route you have to start at the TH at the base of the Falling Water trail that get up Mt-Lincoln via Little Haystack mountain.

Follow the trail until it cross Dry brook for the last time toward its right (when climbing).

From that point follow Dry Brook until you reach base of slide.

It took me about three hours to reach base of route from the TH. Once I have left the trail, I have manage to get up the brook sometimes avoiding it but always within hearshot until , I have reached a "Drier" section, which from there you will see the crest of the upper mountain for the first time.

Once the going get steeper, I have followed the left side of Dry brook until , I have reached a landslide on my left which I climbed partially and enter in the woods again to reach the last part of the brook , which was a ice runnel at this point.

After that you will reach the base of the route .

The route is MUCH longer than what it appears and consist mostly of low angle ice , the CRUX founded near mid-point is a neice 2 bulge of ice. Continue following the slide until below the summit ridge of Mt Lincoln.

Around mid-point on Woodman Dorcey

Have fun it is a classic and it is the easiest route on Mt-Lincoln west face.

Looking at the summit ridge

Looking down the route from top of route, Summit of Mt-Lincoln is 5 minute ahead

Route as seen from Little Haystack summit.
    8000m 0/14

Time for me to start heading East next winter, thanks for this excellent and guidebook like report.
    The greatest precept is continual awareness.

Comment

Working...
    X