New slide on Algonquin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New slide on Algonquin

Katie and the kids climbed Wright Peak on 7/15, and low and behold... found a new slide on the north shoulder of the southeastern ridge of Algonquin. Looks like it falls down into the cirque/col between Wright and Algonquin, probably just up the same drainage that you follow out of Caribou pass to reach the Wright Slide.

Brand spanking new one too. There was a summit steward on Wright and Katie was talking to her/him and they reported that it's not older then a week or two. Very cool.

Here's a pic. One is a zoom in, the other gives the approximate location (slide's is not in the photo, but it is just out of sight in the bottom right of the picture).

We'll be awaiting the first Trip Report eagerly

"The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb

Best quess from my trangulation would be that the approximate location of the slide would be -HERE-

** NOTE ** The red crosshairs would be towards the top of the slide.
    "The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb

Comment

Damn thick above it-I'd bet. I'll go. Been looking for a new adventure on Algonquin.
      "Woods are not like other spaces.Their trees surround you, loom over you, press in from all sides.Woods choke off views and leave you muddled and without bearings.They make you feel small a confused and vulnerable.Stand in a desert or prairie and you know you are in a big place.Stand in a woods and you only sense it.They are a vast, featureless nowhere.And they are alive."Bill Bryson"
      Cheers
      Spence

Comment

That slide came down last fall I believe. It is definatly not a recent slide from this summer.

Comment

Working...
        X