Slide on Private Land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide on Private Land?

So are there any BIG slides on Private land?

Im on a little bit of a trivia hunt here.

Im not entirely sure but is Ermine Brook on Private? About 1600vert?
    The Heart of Oak

As to the greater question, I'm not entirely sure. I think perhaps the are 1 or 2 slide on the NE side of Blake (not listed on Qam's site, but I have seen) that may extend down to AMR land. AMR in not strictly "private" per say, but the bushwhacking that would be required to get to the slide base is forbidden. Not really sure about any others. Perhaps the slide master himself (Qam) will weight in.

As for Ermine Slide, No it is entirely within the Western High Peaks Wilderness. The only question might be, is is part of the parcel of land that is classified as the Santanoni Preserve, which is still part of the wilderness area but just subject to slightly different regulations. I do not believe it is though.
    "The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb

Comment

There's the Slip Slide, I'm not sure of the slide it'self but the lower reaches are most certainly private land.

The slides on Baldwin & the SW slide on Snowy may also on private land but I'm not sure

There could be one on Armstrong, Seen from Noonmark on the far left of the picture, below & left of the Gothics slides. It's short but wide. It's to the west of Lost Lookout and NW of Rainbow Falls at the 1000-1050 meter mark (For some reason Topozone.com won't open for me this morning)

........|
      ........|
      .......\ /

I'm not sure if it is a cliff or slide, but it's probably low enough to be on the AMR's land. If not it might be worth a look because it probably has great views of the Ausable Lakes

There's also a (very) small slide on Lower Wolfjaw (Seen just below my dog's tail in the pic) that is also possibly on the AMR's land

Originally posted by Mavs00
      I think perhaps the are 1 or 2 slide on the NE side of Blake (not listed on Qam's site, but I have seen) that may extend down to AMR land.
      Where?? Near the + sign on the map (4405'00"N 7349'59"W), that's the only real NE side of Blake

but the whole eastern side of Colvin & Blake is on public land, their land doesn't extend much up from Lower Ausable Lake on the western side and it stops to the north of Colvin so any slides there would be on public land.

The slide(s) on Blake's western side might be on their land. There's an old slide remnant by Teakettle Brook and possibly another one (though it may be the Cy Beedes Ledge and not a slide) which are probably on the AMR's land
      Qam1

http://www.lowerwolfjaw.com/qam1 - Anything & Everything on the Adirondacks

Comment

Originally posted by qam1
        The slide(s) on Blake's western side might be on their land. There's an old slide remnant by Teakettle Brook and possibly another one (though it may be the Cy Beedes Ledge and not a slide) which are probably on the AMR's land
        I beleive the one I'm talking about is the one that comes off of Teakettle Brook. I have a picture somewhere.

Tim
        "The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb

Comment

SO i guess this thread...

http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1385

answers this threads question? Twin slides are on Private?
          The Heart of Oak

Comment

Working...
          X