ADKHighPeaks  
Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Go Back   ADKHighPeaks > Hiking > General Hiking Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
mirabela
Happy Ski Ball

I am a 46er
Black Diamond Sportswear annual warehouse sale is on -- Montpelier, VT

Gallison Hill Rd., Montpelier, VT Sat 11/12 to around Thanksgiving.

I have no personal interest in the company -- just thought I'd share a good buying opportunity.

This sale is always good for fleece & softshells. BDS makes durably constructed outdoor gear of competitive quality, and you can scoop things up at this sale very cheaply.

For instance --

waterproof breathable hardshells $24
nice softshell hoodies $45

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I've used one of those hardshells as my go-to rainjacket for running and hiking since I bought it for $19 last year, and it has served just as well as the TNF jacket it replaced; I got one of the non-hoodie softshells last year ($35) and it was my daily ski and snowshoe wear all winter.

Their stuff is not full of technical features -- if you want pit vents, look elsewhere -- but it is functional and built to last. Many of my favorite pieces of outdoor clothing have come from this sale over the past five years.

- Photobug65
mirabela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mirabela For This Useful Post:
Commissionpoint (11-14-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Commissionpoint
Alpine Addict

I cross post at ADKForum
I love my BD Kilowatts on the mountain. Was thinking about picking up a set of Gurus for the backcountry.

Anybody been on a set of Gurus? Like 'em?

-Wolf
I know it sounds corny, man, but I like to bring folks joy, and I like to have a good time. I know folks like to be with somebody who's having a good time. You sure as hell don't want to be with somebody who's having a bad day.
-WJ

Commissionpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
mirabela
Happy Ski Ball

I am a 46er
Oh, hey -- for what it's worth, BD Sportswear is a totally different company than BD Equipment. I'm not sure how they get away with it, actually.

You won't find skis and axes and harnesses and packs at this sale.

The features of the *clothes* are not quite what you'd expect from the makers of the skis, packs, etc. either. This isn't Arcteryx ...

Having said that, my absolute all-time favorite fleece zip-up came from this sale, still holding tough after years of almost-daily use, along with a good many other first-line pieces, and you simply cannot beat the prices.

- Photobug65
mirabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Commissionpoint
Alpine Addict

I cross post at ADKForum
[QUOTE=mirabela;143253]Oh, hey -- for what it's worth, BD Sportswear is a totally different company than BD Equipment. I'm not sure how they get away with it, actually.

You won't find skis and axes and harnesses and packs at this sale.

The features of the *clothes* are not quite what you'd expect from the makers of the skis, packs, etc. either. This isn't Arcteryx ...
QUOTE]

Bummer. I'm in love with my skis. I had momentary delusions of scoring a pair of Gurus on the cheap.

Not sure how its not trademark infringement.

I'm pretty sure if I started the Mercedes-Benz Sportswear company somebody would get mad.

C'est la Vie....

-Wolf
I know it sounds corny, man, but I like to bring folks joy, and I like to have a good time. I know folks like to be with somebody who's having a good time. You sure as hell don't want to be with somebody who's having a bad day.
-WJ

Commissionpoint is offline   Reply With Quote