ADKHighPeaks  
Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Go Back   ADKHighPeaks > Other Places in the Northeast United States > Catskill Trip Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Gideon

Table and Peekamoose 4/13

Decided to start from the end of Denning Rd. What a nice drive in from Big Indian, hardly felt like a hour. They did a great job fixing all the washed out sections. Only one spot was down to one lane. Hit the trail at 8:30. I was a little nervous when we got to the two log bridge but my two sons, Greg 12 and Jack 8 made it across. Jack was a little cautious but he did great. We took our time going up. I really enjoyed one spot where there were mountains 360 degrees all around us. Finally passed the spring and then the lean-to. Both peaks had a little ice and snow left so we threw on spikes for the couple sections. Took more time putting them on Jack and myself then we actually wore them. Table had a cairn but didn't see much from what I thought was the summit of Peekamoose since the trail started to dive down after the big rock?.? Stopped by the lean-to on the way back and wished we had planned to stay the night. Made it all the way down and 5 minutes from the trail head we saw our first hikers of the day. Awesome day with my boys. Made it back by 3:00. Sounds like I need to try these two from the other side.

Gideon
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Hermit
4833 46r

Location: Catskills-Avatar 35x12 Catskill grid completed in 07
I am a 46er I am a Catskill 35er
I just missed you folks,I heard you below me while I was at the lookout on Table.You were on your way down.
Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Halia and Flammeus
wingnut

Superb job, Jack, Greg and Gid. Sorry _ missed you guys, but I was just strolling on the other side of Peek. I prefer your route to ascending Peek, but they are all good. The view on Peek is on the left about 2 steps past that huge boulder - a little side trail takes you to an overlook. Save it for next time, when you hike in from Peekamoose Road.

Iske, Cinder, and Lily send wags and smooches to the boys.
Halia and Flammeus is offline   Reply With Quote