these forums, and on this site you will find a great flow of information that provides a
good deal of raw material that will both stimulate and possibly encourage
you to attempt to duplicate or otherwise follow in the path of some of
the authors or previous posters. This flow of information is what makes this place
special. HOWEVER, several things need to be understood, particularly as
they pertain to some of the rigorous extreme recreational activities discussed
and during unguided backcountry travel in general.
particular, ADIRONDACK SLIDE CLIMBING and BUSHWHACKING
are activities that need special consideration before participating in.
Please read and UNDERSTAND the following.
is a strong supporter of Leave
No Trace (LNT) principles and we do not condone or advocate
ANY alteration to the Adirondack backcountry as it pertains to information
found here. It is understood that if any information from this forum
leads you into the backcountry of the park, you will travel, camp
and otherwise practice responsible LNT principles when doing so. This includes respect for private property.
Any evidence route cutting, view improvement or other significant
permanent unnatural alterations/destruction as well as willful disreguard of private property ownership right that are discovered to have been
commited as the result of information gathered here, or discovered within, will result in a
automatic lifetime ban from the site and referral (including e-mail, IP info and any other information) along with public condimnation.
to the NYS DEC.
SLIDE CLIMBING AND BUSHWHACKING ARE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES
which may result in serious injury or death. Use the information
contained on this website at your own risk and do not depend on
the information contained on this website for personal safety or
for determining whether to attempt any hike, climb, route, or activity
- This community brings together many like minded people that choose to associate and recreate together. We recognize and encourage that. At the same time, if these forums are used to plan social gatherings, or recreational activities that bring together community members for a single purpose, including members of the Foundation board or members at large, it should be understood that this does not imply overall Foundation approval. It is expected that anyone that chooses to associate through communal gatherings or recreational activities does so at their own risk and are responsible for making sound judgements about the activities that they engage in. The Foundation WILL NOT assume liability for the actions of participants in either social or recreational activities engaged in through this forum.
- On occasion, the Foundation will hold social and fundraising gatherings that will be expressly promoted as such through these forums. It will be understood that the Foundation itself will NOT provide alcohol to any person attending such event. In the event that others, either commercially or otherwise, make alcohol available to participants, the ADKhighpeaks Foundation cannot be held responsible for the actions of those involved. It is that expectation of the Foundation that all those that participate in official "Social" Foundation events do so in a manner that is both responsible and within the scope of the law within the jurisdiction the event takes place in.
thoughts or statements expressed in this public forum are the express
views of the individual user making the statement and it will be implied
that those statements do not automatically reflect the opinions
and views of the Foundation, administration of this site or other members.
- Adkhighpeaks.com or the Foundation
does not check the reliability or accuracy of any information posted
on these topics. Just because you see information posted here, it
does not mean that information is correct, or even remotely accurate
to what you will find on the ground. Additionally, many parts of
the Adirondacks are wild, remote and sometimes unforgiving. The
terrain is constantly shifting, so what is true today, may not be
and ADKHIGHPEAKS FOUNDATION MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE
CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY REGARDING
THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS
WEBSITE. ADKHIGHPEAKS.COM and ADKHIGHPEAKS FOUNDATION ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE,
OR OTHER DAMAGE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE.
- Advertisements presented on Adkhighpeaks.com are paid subscriptions by independent merchants, and are solely the jurisdiction of the party from whom the ad originates. Adkhighpeaks is not responsible for the content of any advertisement or any goods or services offered therein. Any user entering any agreement with an advertiser on this forum does so on their own accord and thus, indemnifies Adkhighpeaks Foundation from any agreement between merchant and user, should disagreements arise.
using this site, you agree, to the greatest extent permitted by
law to release Adkhighpeaks Foundation and any of its employees, officers,
directors, members, trip leaders, or agents from any and all liability
claims, losses, and/or damages for personal injuries or death which
may result from use of information provided on this web site. Further,
I agree not to sue or bring any claim against Adkhighpeaks.com,
or any of its employees, officers, directors, members, trip leaders,
or agents for personal injuries or wrongful death suffered as a
result of information provided by this web site.
- While the this site will NOT sell or otherwise provide any personal information provided, the administration does reserve the right to access ALL communication in extreme circumstanses. Particularly as it relates to harassment, site integrity or suspected unlawful activity. Privarcy should and will be assumed, but not absolute.
can live with those simple concepts and thoughts, you are more than
welcome to use our site for your enjoyment. In fact, by continuing forward,
participating or even reading the content posted on this site, you are
implying that you have read this statement and agree to the terms outlined