Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four Season NH48

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Season NH48

The AMC Four Thousand Footer Committee has created a new 4 season list for the NH48 which also includes the requirement of 48 hours of trail work (completion earns award and patch). Details here.
    Last edited by OnAClearDay; 04-10-2017, 09:10 AM.

If the ADK 46ers were to ever recognize the same thing, the patch could be a rocker designed to go above the existing 46er patch (the winter rocker currently goes below it). Says the guy whose patches sit in a drawer ...

Only thing is I don't think they need attract even more people to the High Peaks. I've hiked them in four seasons for the challenge and to see the peaks in all kinds of weather (not for a patch).

The obligatory trail work is an interesting addition.
    Looking for Views!

Comment

Originally posted by Trail Boss View Post

Only thing is I don't think they need attract even more people to the High Peaks.
      That's the way I feel about gridding, too. I guess its a question of where do you draw the line on listing in general. Listing can be limitless, when they come up with stuff like this.

I might be kidding...

Comment

Looks like this is not another April Fool's Day joke.

I am in, IF they have a reciprocity agreement with New York.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCedar View Post

I am in, IF they have a reciprocity agreement with New York.
          Seems they've specified trail work needs to be done in New Hampshire...
          http://www.amc4000footer.org/amc-fou...ite-mount.html

Comment

If they wanted to do anything with the high peaks, how about a 365er grid (with an unofficial 366), climbing one selected peak, let's say Cascade, on each day of the calendar year over however many years it takes (or possibly, for a local, consecutively as a morning workout)
            ADK 46*/46 CATS 5/35 FT 4/28 Saranac 0/6 Bristol 6/6

Comment

Working...
            X