Missing Glasses and Found Stuffsack on Table/Peekamoose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Glasses and Found Stuffsack on Table/Peekamoose

It's definitely a long shot, but my hiking partner yesterday lost his glasses somewhere on the Peekamoose-Table Trail (Blue) between the junction with the Phoenicia East Branch Trail (Yellow) and the Peekamoose summit. If you happen to find them, shoot me a PM and I can reimburse you for any shipping costs. We also found a blue stuff sack (probably a sleeping bag) that was frozen shut about a mile from the Denning Trailhead. If it's yours, PM me and I can send you the GPS coordinates.

Snow wasn't too deep near the trailhead, but at ~3,000 feet it got deeper, probably about 8-10 inches near the summit.

Welcome to the forum. Your partner might want to also post a notice on the Catskills Trails Conditions Facebook page, and send an email to the Catskills 3500 Club Yahoo group, if not already done. Good luck!
    We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing ~ Satchel Paige

Comment

Last winter a hiker lost his wedding ring on Peekamoose, in deep snow. He posted here, not really thinking it would be found and planned on getting it replaced. Later in the winter , another hiker found it. What are the odds?

Comment

Working...
      X