Missing knife on Balsam Cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing knife on Balsam Cap

My buddy lost his knife on Balsam Cap today. He's pretty sure he dropped it by summit canister when we sharpened pencil. If anyone finds it please let me know or PM me and I'll gladly reimburse you for postal costs.

Benchmade folding knife, forest green handle, SKVP etched on blade

We broke a track to both BC & Friday cans

Disclaimer: parts of our route might not always be the best option, we had some difficulties picking best path, stomped the hell out of Friday summit to find can, went smoother last time we did it maybe 6 years ago....

Thanks again
    Catskills: 39/39, 26W/35W
    ADK: 46/46

About 10" snow up high

Comment

We were up there yesterday, but didn't find the knife. Maybe it's under some snow. Hopefully someone else see this post and finds it for you.

Comment

Thanks Blowdown Gang

Comment

Nivek, I hiked up Balsam Cap on 1/26 and found your knife. It was within a couple feet of the canister, barely sticking out of the snow. I just happened to stumble across this post now and would be happy to send it back to you.

Comment

• salt
            salt commented
            Editing a comment
            This right here, wow, this thread is a tad old and yet the item has been found and soon to be returned. A lost Benchmafe knife would drive me nuts if I had one. Awesome! Theres some real stand up folks around here.

• Yury
            Yury commented
            Editing a comment
            If a person was able to afford Benchmade knife, he should be able to afford a second one.

• Nivek
            Nivek commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow!!!! Ok, it's my buddy's knife. What do you need me to do? Do you want to personal message me? I don't even know how to do that, I've never used it. Personal message me and I'll give you information and be happy to reimburse you for any shipping/ packaging costs or troubles. Thanks a million! I'm not gonna tell my buddy. I'll make it a surprise! Thanks so much for being a good egg and reaching out!

Last year a wedding band on Peekamoose lost in the snow and found a couple months later, in the snow. Car keys between Slide and Wittenberg lost in the fall, found in the snow, and now this knife. All returned because of the people here.

Comment

Working...
          X