Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Route 42 Hiking Lots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route 42 Hiking Lots

Anyone notice if the Shaft Road/Sherrill lot was plowed this week? I drove by the Halcott lot last night and it was plowed....but forgot to look at Shaft Rd.
    Think cold thoughts.

Catskill 3500 39/39 | 35/35W | 35/35 Ski

The DEP may plow in to check on their instruments up by the shaft itself. As for the parking lot, it does not seem to be on the high priority list, but gets done eventually. Remember that the dirt roadway before the gate is private property, a school bus and snow plow turn about. There have been issues in the past.
    ​So no, I don't know, but I would guess yes.

Comment

CT, only looked partially plowed when I passed by this afternoon.

Comment

Thanks. I drove by this morning. The Shaft Rd lot is partially plowed but room for a handful of cars. The lot for Hunter firetower on Spruceton Rs was not plowed this morning but the lot farther down on the right is. We talked to the highway supervisor and he said two plow trucks were broken but if he could get one running he'd get the lot plowed. Reminder not to park on Spruceton Rd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Think cold thoughts.

Comment

Saturday 11am update. Word just in...Hunter firetower lot is plowed. Park away!
          Think cold thoughts.

Comment

We cleared the lot yesterday by Hagadore bk. on Spruceton rd. for the start of the North dome bushwhack.We shoveled for about a half hour or so to open up the entrance.Lot of hard pack to move.
            "You are never really alone in the mountains. Something is there ,and you will find it in yourself "
            Ralph Ryndak

Comment

Working...
            X