Blackhead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhead

Did the loop. Up Escarpment and down to Lockett Gap. Brought crampons but enough coverage that we could use snowshoes all the way up. The wet snow was well adhered to the ice so there was enough traction to get up the tough spots. Plenty of postholers, but so it goes.

Lockett? Auto-correct?
    Nature we have always with us, an inexhaustible storehouse of that which moves the heart, appeals to the mind, and fires the imagination - health to the body, a stimulus to the intellect, and a joy to the soul. - John Burroughs

Comment

• Maria
      Maria commented
      Editing a comment
      Inside joke

Wondering about any water crossings? If the weather holds, would like to knock this required winter on wed. would just be doing Blackhead....what do you think?

Comment

• Maria
      Maria commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are doing the loop (up Escarpment), there are bridges over any tougher issues. Going up the easier way, there is just one spot and that has plenty of rocks and doesn't flow much at all - even yesterday with a tropical weekend.

ok thanks.....

Comment

Missed you by a day. We did the trio on Monday. Tons of post holes, ... one member of our team slightly injured his knee after his snowshoe got stuck in one.

Comment

It's a little sore but feels much better today. Could have been much worse.
        "You are never really alone in the mountains. Something is there ,and you will find it in yourself "
        Ralph Ryndak

Comment

I've done a knee, a shoulder, and my head from post holes,,seems like I'm due some retribution

Comment

Working...
          X