Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Table, Peekamoose, Lone, Rocky, Balsam Cap, Friday, Cornell, Wittenberg, Slide 2/13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table, Peekamoose, Lone, Rocky, Balsam Cap, Friday, Cornell, Wittenberg, Slide 2/13

I picked the right day for this, and was fortunate to find enough snow everywhere. Or at least everywhere off trail. The trails were an icy snowshoed mess, except the top of Table, that had not been reached, except from the Peekamoose side. Someone had turned around on the second bump of Table, from the Denning side. There were no hiker tracks anywhere off trail.

I hiked from Denning and used 9x30 medium snowshoes. A hare was sighted which is always nice. I finished the day with a bushwhack off of Slide and a red sunset was perfect timing for the leisurely walk from the last junction, back to the Denning trailhead. I saw no one all day long and the only fresh hiker tracks were up on the summit of Slide.

I might be kidding...

PHEW! and WOW! Nice work.

Comment

• CatskillKev
      CatskillKev commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you drweo!

Very impressive hike, especially in snowshoes. Congratulations on the hike, and the hare sighting. I saw a hare a few weeks ago, which was likely the highlight of my winter hiking season.
    To Go and to See
    Is to Know and to Be

Comment

• CatskillKev
      CatskillKev commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

Yes, the gray ghost can definitely be a highlight!

• eleventhgear
      eleventhgear commented
      Editing a comment
      The one I saw was entirely white - a true ghost!

Wow! 9 peaks in a day! Very impressive! I loved what you wrote and sounds like an amazing and unforgettable experience

Comment

• CatskillKev
      CatskillKev commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you SweetLorraine! Yes, it was a very nice experience, made complete with the beautiful red sunset through the evergreens at the end, and coming out to the beautiful parking area. Nice evening in the Catskills!
      Last edited by CatskillKev; 02-18-2018, 09:01 AM.

Nice job Kev! Glad you found the snow instead of ice. Crazy winter we've had.
    -Tony
    And because of all their tears
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity
    -George Harrison

Comment

Thanks Tony! Yes, that was nice snow!
      I might be kidding...

Comment

Working...
      X