2-3-18 DT, BI, & Eagle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-3-18 DT, BI, & Eagle

You will not need snowshoes at low elevations. At higher elevations is 50/50 but if a couple more inches of snow fall they will be useful.
    We broke out the trail up Doubletop. There is also now a broken out trail form DT to BI. The trail to eagle was already broken out and we continued with our trail breaking back down to the Lean to and back to we're we started for DT.
    There was a group of college women who caught up to us 75% of the way up DT and helped break out trail to the top. They were planning on heading over to Graham (don't know if they made it or not). So there may also be a broken out trail form DT to Graham.

I would also be nice to know (i'm sure the ranger would like to know too) who the "genius" is who ran twine from the trail south of BI into and across the BI/DT col and up again. Besides leaving garbage in the woods, it trips you up when you come across it and gets tangled in your gear.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever"
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Catskill 3500 #1824/#729W
    ADK 26/46

Views & Brews NY, VT, RI, DE, NH, NJ, CT, WV, MA
    Taconic Crest End to Ender, CL 50

Those are search lines from this summers incident. There are miles of it.
    That's a good loop, did you go from the summit of Eagle straight down to the Shandaken LT?

Comment

No, we took the trail back down from Eagle. We were running out of light and it's easier with kids to follow the markers in the dark.
      "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever"
      Napoleon Bonaparte

Catskill 3500 #1824/#729W
      ADK 26/46

Views & Brews NY, VT, RI, DE, NH, NJ, CT, WV, MA
      Taconic Crest End to Ender, CL 50

Comment

That's quite a hike, with kids no less! I got to Big Indian after you, from the Biscuit.
        I might be kidding...

Comment

Working...
        X