Halcott 2/1/2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halcott 2/1/2018

We advertised it as "a nice little hike" which it was. There was a dusting at the bottom and about 2 inches of snow at elevation so we put on our microspikes somewhere in between. There's been a lot of discussion about how useful Kahtoola's are now that we all own Hillsounds. Well, this was a perfect Kahtoola day, unfortunately, mine were in my car. Descending, Hillsounds were nice to have though. We side-hilled over to the ravine while still close to the road and were rewarded with two nice waterfalls shrouded in blue ice. Worth going out of our way for. The weather was overcast but the snow / rain held off and it wasn't particularly cold until we reached to top and the wind came over the mountain at us with some venom.

ps. 400 out of 420 for me...

Comment

Wow, congrats on #400! Do you have plans for how you want to finish the grid? What do you have left?
      We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing ~ Satchel Paige

Comment

• mudhook
        mudhook commented
        Editing a comment
        he has 20 left!

but who is counting, right?

Comment

There's 8 more in February, 6 in March, 5 in April and everyone is invited to Balsam Lake on May 5th. That's unless I get the flu of course...

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!!
          And because of all their tears
          Their eyes can't hope to see
          The beauty that surrounds them
          Isn't it a pity
          -George Harrison

Comment

Here are some 420 grid finishers. Good going Ted !!! You will still get a early #. I know that I finished it 2x. But I am not keeping track of anymore of my hikes in the Catskills.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Hermit; 02-03-2018, 09:58 AM.
            "You are never really alone in the mountains. Something is there ,and you will find it in yourself "
            Ralph Ryndak

Comment

Working...
            X