Doubletop 8/27/2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubletop 8/27/2017

I went on a quick out and back to Doubletop from Seager this morning. I had called for permission the evening before and a gentleman picked up after a barely a ring - it was as if they were expecting my call...

There's a lot of yellow caution tape and some brushing blocking off the usual start of the herdpath from the marked trail on Dry Brook. Almost looks like a crime scene.. Was this the landowner?

With Doubletop in the bag I completed a four seasons Catskill 3500, aka the starter grid or a grid-lite. It was great to see these summits change from season to season, though if pressed I'd say (a snowy) winter is still my favorite in these mountains...

Congrats on the 4 season, no matter how many times you do them, each trip has something new.
    ​The tape is just an attempt to prevent a herd furrow from starting and to keep people away from the camp up the drive way, not a big deal to simply go up stream a bit and start from there.

Comment

Great to finish the 4S, Peter. There's lots more to see in the full grid.

Comment

Originally posted by mudhook View Post
        The tape is just an attempt to prevent a herd furrow from starting and to keep people away from the camp up the drive way, not a big deal to simply go up stream a bit and start from there.
        A path is also forming further up. Seems the tape is a bit excessive and calls too much attention to itself when some extra deadfall and brushing would have been enough..

Comment

Working...
        X