Vly and Bearpen from the south

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vly and Bearpen from the south

Just fyi: at the end of the paved road from Fleishmann's (County Rt. 3), the property owner has put up a no parking sign (not a municipal sign) on a tree on the right side of the road where hikers sometimes park. And the snowplow turnaround has two HUGE, red no-parking-in-the-turnaround signs. I parked there anyway, assuming that no snowplows would be out on a 60 degree sunny day in May. Does anyone know what is the legal standing of such signs when there is no snow?

I did not encounter the property owner or anyone else. Had a nice solo hike up these two peaks. Herd path up Vly was fine (I always forget that it gets a bit steep up high!), and the road and snowmobile/herd path to Bearpen were also fine, with only a little mud. (That may well change with this weekend's rain.)

is parking from the north a thing on 3?
    ADK - 35/46
    Whites - 25/48
    North East - 68/115
    Catskills - 9/35

Comment

I've parked on the right for years. Not off in the grass, but far enough over to be out of the way. I try to avoid snow plow turnarounds, all year round, you never know what might need to use it....
    Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
    Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
    Past President Catskill 3500 Club
    CEO Views And Brews!

Trail maintainer for the Dry Brook Ridge trail from Mill Brook Road to just past the Lean-to

Comment

Working...
    X