Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windham High Peak 3/19/17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windham High Peak 3/19/17

We hiked as a group of five, out for perhaps the last winter peak of the year. We started at Peck Road and found a nicely broken out snowshoe trail. This made our hike very easy and pleasant. As we got up near the top we encountered areas where the tracks had been completely covered over with snow drifts. We made our way through that powdery snow fairly easily too.

It was a very pleasant sunny day with little wind. We took a nice long lunch break at the view that looks to the north and east just past the peak and then headed back down the way we came. We encountered another large group (6-8) as they were reaching the summit and another group of two hikers that had come up from the trailhead on Route 23.

Anyone hiking to Windham High Peak from the west in the next few days should find the going easy on a well packed snowshoe track.

specs: 6.21 miles, 1,468' ascent, just under four hours

You're welcome! Glad you had a nice day!

It took us 4 hours from Peck Rd to the summit on Saturday. Lot of work, but also a lot of fun.

Comment

Gee, could have sworn I broke out Windham from Peck Road. I didn't squoosh it to the bottom, but if we're suggesting thanks are in order... Just curious the mindset here, that's all.
      I might be kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by CatskillKev View Post
        Gee, could have sworn I broke out Windham from Peck Road. I didn't squoosh it to the bottom, but if we're suggesting thanks are in order... Just curious the mindset here, that's all.
        Your tracks helped, but for the most part they had been obliterated from the junction up to the summit. But yes, thanks to you too. I was going to do a separate write-up and was planning to mention your contribution.

Comment

• CatskillKev
          CatskillKev commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem. The approach was the crux of the climb, though. :-)
      Working...
      X