Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frosty winter finish on Graham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frosty winter finish on Graham

I finished my winter Catskills with a non-standard ascent of Graham! Chris and I bushwacked up a"dreary" hollow with much gnashing of teeth, clawing our way through Beech brush, eighteen inches of snow, erratic boulders and a bit of colorful vocabulary. Being an English teacher, I have a license to use it. The hike was worthy of a clear winter finish. Yea!
    Lindy
    ADK 45/46
    ADK (w)6/46
    CATS 39/39
    CATS (w) 35/35

You go - girl!
    ADK46 #5934: 47/47
    CAT35 #1989: 39/39
    CAT35w #838: 35/35
    ADK46w: 46/46

Comment

As long as those words are used in the proper context, it's OK! Congratulations on your Catskill winter finish, Lindy!!
      Limping thru the Northeast 115 & the new forum software

Comment

Hey, you are cursing my favorite winter route
        Great job

Comment

Congrats on the "W"

Comment

Congrats! My 11th grader is practicing for her SAT's so any new interesting words would be appreciated! Me, I'm just a 2nd grade teacher with a heavy Queens accent still using the same old 100 words everyday.

Comment

Nice - Congrats!
              I hope you two won't be abandoning the Cats with two Ws finished up now.

Comment

Be careful about what you wish for ...

Hey Coldfeet, exercise judgement here .... these expletives were flyin' hard 'n heavy! I tried to make her stop .... but she went on and on .... made even ME blush! I kept looking around, thinkng "Heck, sure hope that nobody is nearby to hear all this racket". Keep your 11 year old away ... for safety.
                Last edited by hdscooterfool; 02-24-2013, 10:23 PM. Reason: better wording

Comment

Will there be life after after Cat 35W?

Hey Lazibones: Yes this has been an ages-old question, does life really continue after you achieve your "Winter" status? Well ... I say screw'em .... hike all those CAT mountains over and over.

Comment

No Mudhook, your favorite Field of Screams ridge(red line) was east of our west-ish ascent ridge (blue line). So all the cursing was contained to this "next-door" location. Our next pursuit will be to invade your ridgeline ..... and when we do .... well, then you'll get both barrels at once! So get your earplugs into your pack!
                    Last edited by hdscooterfool; 02-25-2013, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Congratulations Syr(acuse) Hiker.

Looks like almost half way to the 46 as well

Jay

Life is a short, warm moment
                      And death is a long cold rest.
                      You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:
                      Eighty years, with luck, or even less.
                      -Pink Floyd

Comment

Don't listen to Chris!

That was no ridgeline; I know when I'm in a hollow. I kept trying to steer us up out of it, but Chris is as stubborn as he is good with the colorful vocabulary...and he doesn't even have a license to be using that!
                        Lindy
                        ADK 45/46
                        ADK (w)6/46
                        CATS 39/39
                        CATS (w) 35/35

Comment

... hmmm .... grrr ..... in a hollow, eh? Well I remember seeing two rocks up there that resembled two ears, this hollow is probably located right between those ears .....
                          Last edited by hdscooterfool; 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM. Reason: to improve wording

Comment

Congratulations! I recall some colorful vocabulary on a few of my winter peaks. It goes with the territory.
                            Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very fast.~Thomas Jefferson

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.~Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by hdscooterfool View Post
                              No Mudhook, your favorite Field of Screams ridge(red line) was east of our west-ish ascent ridge (blue line). So all the cursing was contained to this "next-door" location. Our next pursuit will be to invade your ridgeline ..... and when we do .... well, then you'll get both barrels at once! So get your earplugs into your pack!
                              Oh, you went up the down hill route

Comment

Working...
                              X