• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your ride

Post pics of daily beaters or your pride and joy

Working on pics but 2015 wrx for both 72,000 mi
    Last edited by pat; 10-20-2017, 10:42 PM. Reason: Missed key

Comment

None. That's why I only get to the mountains once every year or two...
      ADK 46*/46 CATS 5/35 FT 4/28 Saranac 0/6 Bristol 6/6

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3160.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	481307

First American car I've ever owned. Love it.
        ADK 46/46W, Grid 232/552
        Photos & Stuff

Comment

• Trail Boss
          Trail Boss commented
          Editing a comment
          Jeep is owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) based in Italy.
          https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/Pages/home.aspx
          It makes you the proud owner of an Italian car!

Or is the nationality of a car determined by where a given model is designed? If so, that would make, for example, some Honda models "American cars".

If a car's nationality is based on where it's assembled, that makes some Ford models "Canadian cars" and a few Audi models "Mexican cars".

Whichever and whatever, enjoy your car!

• autochromatica
          autochromatica commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I know that. There are some Chrysler/Fiat touches in there that annoy me.

It can be nebulous, but yes I would say it depends on how much of the car was made and sourced from the country. So some of those Hondas might qualify but IIRC the BMWs made in South Carolina still get much of their parts from Germany so they wouldn't.

I've always owned Japanese cars, some of them were fabulous. I had to have some emotional moments after getting rid of my beloved Infiniti G35.

Ok I'll play along.

My Subaru Legacy. I've loved every minute of owning this car since driving it off the lot back in the winter of '12. Here it is in summer and winter modes.

Also an "American" car due to its design, development, and production in Indiana, USA.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4584.JPG Views:	1 Size:	314.0 KB ID:	481333Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4583.JPG Views:	1 Size:	221.7 KB ID:	481332

A forum member, and I wish I could remember who, has a blog where they shared how to comfortably camp in Subaru sedans without having to buy one of those weird inflatable things to fill in the foot wells. I can confirm that its very possible. This car has served as my basecamp for hundreds of hikes in the north east. I'll probably go back to owning an Outback for my next ride, but hopefully that won't have to be anytime soon.
        My mind was wandering like the wild geese in the west.

Comment

I have very bland A to B rides. A Hyundai Sonata for my weekday commute and a Taurus X weekend family hauler. I'd rather have more left for gear and trips.

Sometimes I dream about a Defender 110

Comment

• FlyFishingandBeer
            FlyFishingandBeer commented
            Editing a comment
            They're worth a fortune now that they've gone out of production. Your Taurus X is kind of a cult car too. Its too bad the US market hates wagons.
        Working...
        X