Asheville, NC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asheville, NC

I'll be visiting Asheville this spring and am interested in doing some hiking. I'll have my one year old girl in tow so I'm limited to trails that aren't too steep or rugged where she can safely be worn on my back. I am most interested in getting away from the crowds. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike
    Love all wilderness!
    Trying to hike and XC ski as much as possible.

ADK 46/46 still not official.
    W 27/46

Hmmm...depending on where you will be....you could look into some of the fire towers the ADK's have to offer, many are pretty easy with great views. Hurricane mt, Goodnow mt, Kane mt, Arab Mt (very easy) did in winter though...Stillwater mt...very remote but had picnic table.....look up fire tower challenge Adirondack...it will show a list then you can look up info on the mountains. Good luck

Comment

I think you can pick up some short but scenic hikes along the Blue Ridge parkway:

https://www.romanticasheville.com/bl...king_trail.htm

also:

https://www.romanticasheville.com/bl...king_trail.htm

Comment

I grew up in Asheville. Nice hike north of Asheville on Blue Ridge Parkway is Craigy Gardens. Short hike from the visitors center. Beautiful view. Also consider going further north to Linville Falls. Great short hike into the falls. Beautiful views of Linville Gorge.

DocPutnam

Comment

I'm planning on heading through the smokies/blacks/balsams this may. Looks to be some great hikes out there. Drive up to mount Mitchell, and you will be 6600 feet up. But then there is the black mountain crest trail there, so you will get all the climbing out of the way and then walk as far as you want on the ridge, there like 6, 6000 footers on that ridge. I can't wait to hike it myself!
          ADK - 35/46
          Whites - 25/48
          North East - 68/115
          Catskills - 9/35

Comment

Working...
          X