Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fencing Problem March 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fencing Problem March 2017

FENCING HAS BEEN BLOWN OFF TOP LANDING ON THE MT. ADAMS TOWER.
    PLEASE DO NOT GO PAST THE THIRD LANDING.

Thanks to John Sasso who did a mid winter recon trip to the tower yesterday 3/4 and provided these photos.
    John did not go to the cab because of high winds, ice and exposure and felt it was not safe to do so. Which is definitely the right thing to do. One slip coming down the stairs from the cab could be fatal as there is nothing to prevent one from sliding right off the landing.
    There is no ETA on when this will be repaired.
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

Originally posted by ADKJack
    FENCING HAS BEEN BLOWN OFF TOP LANDING ON THE MT. ADAMS TOWER.
    PLEASE DO NOT GO PAST THE THIRD LANDING.

Thanks to John Sasso who did a mid winter recon trip to the tower yesterday 3/4 and provided these photos.
    John did not go to the cab because of high winds, ice and exposure and felt it was not safe to do so. Which is definitely the right thing to do. One slip coming down the stairs from the cab could be fatal as there is nothing to prevent one from sliding right off the landing.
    There is no ETA on when this will be repaired.
    I just got the bulletin from the DEC. This forum did great work on mount Adams and if there is a need for help repairing the fire tower I'd love to lend a hand if I can. I need to start putting the money where my mouth is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ADKJack
      ADKJack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I tried to get the word out as soon as possible and reached out to the DEC and requested the post it with the updates.
      Right now the soonest I can get up there with some replacement fence would be the Sunday March 19th after the Gathering that Saturday.
Working...
X