Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October 16th Fall Trail & Tower sweep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 16th Fall Trail & Tower sweep

If anyone is interested we, well me if no one else joins😀, will be doing the fall maintenance trip. Most likely will be cleaning up and damage that storm Matthew might bring to the area and normal winter ready stuff for the tower. Probably on trail at 9AM and should be finished as soon as we are done.
    Please post if you would like to join. We can supply all the tools.
    Thanks
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

Provided nothing else grabs my time on Sunday Oct 16th, I will join you. I won't know until Friday of next week, as I am covering for a colleague at work. I will update you.
    We are closer now than we were five minutes ago

Comment

Jack, you should consider posting this in the Facebook fire tower group (or I can, if you don't mind). really great folks over there and I am sure somebody would be happy to help. I will be OOO sadly...
      46/46 as of August 1st, 2014!

Comment

• ADKJack
        ADKJack commented
        Editing a comment
        Well heck that's kinda embarrassing, didn't know about the FB page until now. Just asked to join, I'm pretty sure Laurie will let me in :-)

• YanaLG
        YanaLG commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the lady that runs it is Meridith Smith, but there could be other admins there. I actually was pretty sure you were a member there already and I wanted to tag you yesterday when somebody was asking if it is possible to purchase the maps found in some restored towers (he wants it as a coffee table). I figured you may be able to help... then I realized you are not a member (yet).

I should be able to be there. I signed up for one of the sessions of the ADK trail work the day before at the Loj. Should make for an easy loop around the high peaks the next morning.

Comment

• ADKJack
        ADKJack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ken ! Mtnman John and I will also be doing trailwork on Saturday with ADK.
    Working...
    X