Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 21 2016 Fire tower and trail work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 21 2016 Fire tower and trail work

Time to do the spring maintenance run. Trail work on the way up and normal painting and fence work on the tower. Will be replacing the panoramic map in the cab.
    Please let me know in advance if you would like to join in the fun. Anticipate meeting at the trailhead at 09:00
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

I noted this down on my calendar. If I don't get dragged into a non-hiking event that day, I'm coming.
    We are closer now than we were five minutes ago

Comment

• ADKJack
      ADKJack commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! Thanks

I should be able to be there.

Comment

Have two volunteers for tomorrow. Anyone else care to join in the fun? Nothing to heavy to carry this time great views and good company.
      "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
      Ed Viesturs

Comment

I am looking forward to this. I had a great time a couple of years ago when I helped with the restoration. I worked with a great group of people (yeah, Neil included), and it was a productive day of doing good. I encourage folks to come along. Trust me, it will be a great time - even with Jack in charge ;-D
        We are closer now than we were five minutes ago

Comment

• ADKJack
          ADKJack commented
          Editing a comment
          Full disclosure: Being in charge has absolutely nothing to do with knowing what I'm doing, I rely totally on the hospitality of smarter folks than me.

Yet another fun and productive day hauling stuff up, laying stuff down, spraying mud on people (John) nailing, tying, unbolting, drilling, bolting, painting, cleaning and laughing....a lot😀
        Thanks again to John, Ken and Brian for all your hard work and great personality
        Ed Viesturs

Comment

Indeed, difficult to imagine we got all the "hard" work done that Jack listed as the day just seemed to slip by with too many smiles and laughter. I always enjoy this "hike" as my first true hike of the non-winter season - even if there is a little extra to carry up the mountain. Even now, with so many trips up this peak, I never get tired of the views and changing the stair tread reminded me of what a great "workspace" the tower is... even if the commute is a beast! The view from my basement workshop just isn't the same. I didn't take a lot of photos but attached one below showing the "race" to remove some blow down. One of several trees we removed on the day.

Comment

Working...
          X