At least they didn't try climbing Wallface too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least they didn't try climbing Wallface too

Usual S&R spray. If they ever become experienced hikers or backpackers, they'll have one funny little story to pass around the campfire. Second one down

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/151e387

I would have recommended they head up WF and then exit over McN to Upper Works. Don't know why they didn't do that.

Comment

This couple will probably make my Adirondac "Accident Report". I don't know from this report whether they were just following their mobile phone app, but I have come up with a term for such hikers. My so far unofficial designation is C.H.U.M.P.S: as in Clueless Hikers Using Mobile Phones. We'll see if this designation sticks, or in this day and age "goes viral".

Comment

They overshot Mt. Jo just a smidge
        My blog

Comment

They were 18 and 17 years old. Kids make mistakes and some a lot worse than this one! I just hope they learned from it.

Comment

Kids? ​They're old enough to enlist in the US army.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...age_by_country
            Looking for Views!

Comment

And at least one is old enough to vote - I guess that's also what some factions are counting on...

Comment

Originally posted by gebby View Post
              They were 18 and 17 years old. Kids make mistakes and some a lot worse than this one! I just hope they learned from it.
              Stupid isn't necesarily age related... I've seen many 20-50 year old CHUMPs (I like this abbreviation) ambling about in the woods

Comment

• gebby
                gebby commented
                Editing a comment
                Just cutting them a little slack. They are kids. 20 to 50 year olds should definitely know better.

• Trail Boss
                Trail Boss commented
                Editing a comment
                Old enough to drive, enlist, vote (1 of them), and marry.

• gebby
                gebby commented
                Editing a comment
                Still kids with brains that are not completely developed and not immune to risk taking behaviors or making mistakes. I'm sure the ranger gave them a good tongue lashing and hopefully they learned a valuable lesson.
            Working...
            X