Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training for June 27th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training for June 27th

My training has been sporadic since, I began this year in January. I have worn my backpack and loaded it with 15 pounds of water to simulate an actual load on a hike. I have lost some weight, but not nearly enough that I wanted to reach. My legs have also been hurting from cramps. More than usual. I have had to take a few days off to rest them. On the plus side, I am moving pretty well. Climbing up hills and steps have not tired me out. For Gothics and Armstrong, I will my chances at 50%.
    Nothing like being in the woods.

http://www.gerardsadirondackpics.shutterfly.com

Keep up the good work, Gerard! You can do it!!
    #8335W, Solo 46W
    46 Grid 235/552
    NH 48 4000'

One list may be done, but the journey is far from over...
    Half Dome, 2009

Comment

The cramping is probably from not enough glycogen in the muscles. Training and weight loss at the same time is a balancing act. Weight loss should not surpass 1 lb a week and while losing weight you should eat more protein than normal Training also increases the need for protein so whatever the normal requirement is for someone your age you should increase it by a hefty margin. Keep at it and you shall overcome whatever barriers are in your way.
      Project Full Deck Blog.
      Make a "Full-Deck" Donation to SAR

Comment

Hope to see you out there

Comment

Do easy walks instead of resting a few days, it'll get the blood flowing. Cramping is normal when you're not used to the effort, just keep at it and don't spread your training too far, good shape comes back very fast.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Gerard...be safe up there and have fun! I'd love to come up and tag along, but I have to work that day. I'm kind of missing the peaks already. I may have to plan something before winter just for fun. Anyway, Good luck!

Steve
            46/46 - #9464
            7/46 W
            NE115 - 53/115

Comment

Good luck dude. Its going to be fun for sure

Comment

Working...
              X