Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoe Inserts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoe Inserts

Any thoughts or testimonials on inserts, brands, etc?

I have normal arches but my feet are getting sore more often after hikes. I also have killer knee pain on decents in one knee which is getting worse.

I've been to an Ortho, and a foot doctor. Both found nothing wrong and encouraged stretching and strengthening. I've done both and it hasn't improved yet.

I don't currently have inserts in my Asolos but I'm looking at getting some Superfeet.

Any input is welcome!!

You knew these had to exist, right?

http://www.freshelites.com/products/...custom-insoles
    Looking for Views!

Comment

@trailboss I like your thinking! These should be standard issue for Team America.
      Although they would probably lend moral support of only emotional and psychological value, I need physical support.

Comment

Superfeet green were a big improvement for me. Another issue for me was I was wearing shoes that were too small (my foot got bigger when as I was hiking and walking more).
        "...he went because he felt the call of the wilderness, a call ever irresistible to him in whose veins flows the blood of the explorer." Warren W. Hart

Comment

I have been using Montrail Enduro insoles for years. They were originally recommended by the Montaineer staff for trail runners but I have also used them is various boots. You warm them in the oven, insert them in your shoes and put the shoes on, which fits them to the shape and contours of your foot.

http://www.montrail.com/enduro-soles-GU2061.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tpr430 View Post
          @trailboss I like your thinking! These should be standard issue for Team America.
          Although they would probably lend moral support of only emotional and psychological value, I need physical support.

Plus I'm pretty confident that these violate good flag etiquette.

I'm looking at something more like what Joe posted, where I can custom mold to fit my feet. I'm finding that my right foot doesn't fit exactly the same as my left, I think those will help.
          ADK 46/46W, Grid 226/552
          Photos & Stuff

Comment

I like the Profoot 2 oz miracle which molds without heat, color gray. Unfortunately, they are impossible to find now in gray, and the new blue is different, and I haven't tried the blue.
            I might be kidding...

Comment

I looked at the reviews of the Montrails. Seems to be some negatives there with shrinking and fit.

Comment

• mastergrasshopper
                mastergrasshopper commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't put in the oven. I had a problem with my 2nd pair ( ruined in the oven )
                Just put in shoe and wear for one day, Lots of standing = very good. The heat from your foot is all it needs to mold.

I purchased a pair of superfeet to replace the insoles that were chewed to pieces by a roommates dog a few years ago. I figured it was a good opportunity to try them out. I honestly didn't notice any difference.

I've spoken with others who've used them, though, who have stated that they've made a huge difference for them. So I guess your mileage may vary.

For your knees, are you using trekking poles? If not, I would suggest investing in a pair. They can make a huge difference, especially on the downhills.

Comment

Originally posted by Tpr430 View Post
                I looked at the reviews of the Montrails. Seems to be some negatives there with shrinking and fit.
                It is up to you, who you believe. An anonymous internet "review", or a real person who has used them for over five years and thousands of miles.

Comment

• mastergrasshopper
                  mastergrasshopper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Listen to Joe. Joe knows !!!
                  They are softer than superfeet so absorb rock - shock. more flexible than superfeet to let foot naturally flex.

Originally posted by JoeCedar View Post

It is up to you, who you believe. An anonymous internet "review", or a real person who has used them for over five years and thousands of miles.
                No, your right. I do take that into account. I'm tempted to try them out. Montrail has been around a long time.

Trekking poles. I do use them

Comment

Maybe go easy on the oven heat. Heating things in an oven can be tricky, with varying ovens, right?
                  I might be kidding...

Comment

Some people may disagree but I've had knee issues on the down hill And gd braces are a must for me anyway. Not up hill. Just down. And yes I've felt the pain. Unbelievable. Do not use them on the up hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnapp61 View Post
                    Some people may disagree but I've had knee issues on the down hill And gd braces are a must for me anyway. Not up hill. Just down. And yes I've felt the pain. Unbelievable. Do not use them on the up hill.
                    What are gd braces? Or is that just a emphasis on the braces
                    I've used those sleeve type braces on the decents with no relief. It's only one knee and it's gets to the point t where I'm not sure I can finish the hike sometimes.

Comment

The brand I have is mueller. They have Velcro and different setting. Comming down cascade one time I thought I was done hiking my son got me these. Really my knees hurt soon bad. And when I got home took all I had to get out of the car. Gd luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X