Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hike and Survive

Hello everyone,

My Dad is beginning to create some helpful videos offering tips and advice to help hikers have a more comfortable experience, and to arm them with the knowledge they need to survive if things take a turn for the worse.

He is a British military veteran, and with that comes years of experience in a whole range of situations that can be easily applied to hiking.

We would like the channel to be "interactive", that is, we communicate with viewers to provide the tips and advice that you need.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could support this effort by going to the linked introduction video, and leaving a comment with your feedback as to what you would like to see.

The idea of putting this type of information out in the internet's "open air" is excellent. The production quality looks good enough for people to take it seriously, and the little dog is adorable. That being said, YouTube is absolutely not a friendly place for commenting or discussions, and its probably worse than Reddit in the sense that you never know if the commentor is a subject matter expert or a 14 year-old with no subject matter knowledge who likes to rattle people's cages. Personally, I'll definitely check out some more of his videos. People should just be wary of the type of feedback left on the actual channel. It won't all be sage advice.
    My mind was wandering like the wild geese in the west.

Comment

Working...
    X