HPIC to Close Temporarily

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hear the Footsteps View Post

I'm wondering about "Gear and Equipment" since it occupies a large space. I'm hoping that it is really a table for eight. Could be. Looks a bit like one. But, it's probably not.
    The table is a map holder?

Comment

• Trail Boss
      Trail Boss commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a photo of the "map table" in this article:
      http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise...als-bathrooms/

Basically, everything the original plan proposed has been implemented. It's no longer a "hiker prep room" but a retail store.

From the article's photos, the HPIC now reminds me of the AMC's Pinkham Notch facility (minus the hiker prep area in the basement). Not nearly as well-appointed but much closer in spirit to it than its simpler roots of "lunch room/meeting hall/staging area".

• Hear the Footsteps
      Hear the Footsteps commented
      Editing a comment
      Well yes I guess so. I had held out some hope that there would be one table for hikers on the inside.

Anyway, the map table will be very handy for people with smart phones.
      They will be able to take a picture of the section of the map they need before heading out.

Don

• Trail Boss
      Trail Boss commented
      Editing a comment

Perfect example of "It's so funny because it's true!"

Stopped in today to check the building out. I saw the map table, used the Men's room, and took a seat on the couch in front of the fireplace.

There is a change in the floor plan as was shown in Adirondac July August 2016. The access to the rest rooms is not in from the back side of the building as was shown previously. The 24 hour entrance is at the left side of the building (as viewed from the parking lot) from the porch.

Don

Comment

Working...
    X