Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADKHP Wiki

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trail Boss View Post
    Added list of lean-tos in the Adirondack Park.

I've added a description for Ore Bed Brook lean-to so feel free to copy its contents to use as a template to create other lean-to pages.

http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/wiki/OreBedBrookLeanto
    Funny in that that lean-to will be getting some major work very shortly...

Comment

The renaming of East Dix and South Dix along with community editing raises an interesting issue for the wiki. If two users feel differently about a piece of information (East Dix vs Grace Peak, for example), they have the ability to start a "tug of war" where each person can keep editing the name as they wish. In light of that, we will be looking for a few volunteers who are interested in keeping an eye on the content to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.

Since our major goal with the wiki is to provide accurate information, I think the way that it is currently set up makes the most sense. Both names are present and there is an explanation of the naming situation.
      ADKHP Wiki

Comment

In another wiki I've used, it allows me to see a list of recent changes to its content. I found this feature a handy way to see the recent updates made by other members. It is also the easiest way to monitor the wiki's content (no need to poke through the entire site looking for modifications).

I've clicked the "RecentChanges" link, on the ADK HP wiki, and it indicates there are no changes that my access rights permit me to see.
        "There are no recently changed pages you have access to."
        I'm not sure if this is by design, if I've misunderstood the feature, or if it needs tweaking to fly right.
        Looking for Views!

Comment

Idealy, it should work as you describe above. I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but it needs some tweaking.
          ADKHP Wiki

Comment

I spoke too soon!

In Settings, the default value for RecentChanges Display Limit is zero. I changed mine to 50 and, ta-dah, the RecentChanges link now displays the last 50 changes made to the wiki.
            Looking for Views!

Comment

I am an experienced wiki editor (more than 60 thousand edits on two different wikis) but I can't figure out how to add images on this wiki to save myself. Is there a help page on this somewhere?

Comment

OK, I figured adding images out (or thought I did) but then I added a photo to Moose, and everything was fine. Now it has disappeared. Any idea what happened?
                Last edited by MWanner; 06-23-2013, 12:40 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Originally posted by MWanner View Post
                  OK, I figured adding images out (or thought I did) but then I added a photo to Moose, and everything was fine. Now it has disappeared. Any idea what happened?
                  The image URL isn't direct to the image (it passes through some kind of server script), and the web browser isn't picking it up. It may be set up to only display on the hsl.wikispot.org page, but not display on external sites. If you load image URL itself and then reload the wiki page, the image will appear. As long as the browser has the image cached, it will continue to appear, but once the cache is lost, it will stop appearing. There are alternative image hosting options if you still want to share images.
                  ADKHP Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler View Post
                    The image URL isn't direct to the image (it passes through some kind of server script), and the web browser isn't picking it up. It may be set up to only display on the hsl.wikispot.org page, but not display on external sites. If you load image URL itself and then reload the wiki page, the image will appear. As long as the browser has the image cached, it will continue to appear, but once the cache is lost, it will stop appearing. There are alternative image hosting options if you still want to share images.
                    Such as? Can't be hosted on the wiki site itself?

Comment

Originally posted by MWanner View Post
                      Such as? Can't be hosted on the wiki site itself?
                      We don't have the infrastructure in place to host images on the wiki itself.

Imgur is an easy to use host. You can upload images without creating an account and it gives you a direct URL to the image.

Imgur Terms of Service
                      ADKHP Wiki

Comment

Flickr currently gives you a terabyte of free storage. I use SkyDrive. That's where the photo found on this wiki page is hosted: http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/wiki/NewRussia
                        Looking for Views!

Comment

Would be great to leverage all the Peakbagger.com info, and even better, all the caltopo.com mapping technology. If starting from scratch, might as well aim high.

Comment

Working...
                          X