Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The road up to the Garden Parking Lot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The road up to the Garden Parking Lot?

What shape is it in this winter? Well-plowed? Rutted? Trying to figure which car to bring for my winter campout, mine or my wife's...

I had no issue at all with a 2wd Honda Accord on Friday. As they say, conditions can change. Not enough snow to be rutted.

Comment

Thanks for the info BillB! Is there any public parking down in town where I could safely leave my car for a couple of nights?

Comment

Originally posted by allwhowander View Post
        Thanks for the info BillB! Is there any public parking down in town where I could safely leave my car for a couple of nights?
        Yes, there is a municipal lot near the turn off for the Garden on Route 73. Overnight parking is permitted there.

Comment

Relatively safe?

Comment

Safe? If you mean from crime, that question would not even have occurred to me.

Comment

Originally posted by allwhowander View Post
              Relatively safe?
              just noticed your from Westchester hehe. Not as many trailhead robberies up in these parts. Yeah, I've used this lot twice when the Garden was full and it was fine. It's right next to a bunch of businesses so it'd be hard for any shadiness to transpire.
              Crepuscular Rays: Dissolve into evergreens

There's always gonna be another mountain
              I'm always gonna wanna make it move
              Always gonna be an uphill battle
              Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
              Ain't about how fast I get there
              Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side...
              It's the climb
              -Miley Cyrus

Comment

Working...
              X