Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Gathering 2017. Official Notice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like singing old Beatles tunes with an ice cold beer in a scalding hot shower after a hard day's hike.

Comment

When one door closes, another one opens. I will be there. My annual winter weekend fell through due to a friend's injury. Looking forward to meet some of you since I hike on weekdays and have no luck yet. I will still hike the Thursday before the gathering (Marshall and/or Colden) and Friday (Gray, Skylight and Redfield) and would appreciate company as usual.

For the Saturday I will grab a peak for the group. I'll see Friday night where you need me, but I'd like to team up for the Santanonis, Sewards or HaBaSa.

Comment

The recent snow dumps this week (3/14 - 15 and beyond) will make conditions very difficult this weekend please keep in mind the only place that we want people to reach is the dining area of the ADK Trail Inn!

It does not look very likely that we will have all 46 covered this weekend so if you are hiking please go in groups, have fun and do not be afraid to call it a day if conditions warrant. Nothing is more important than the safety of every person and of course that they bring tasty food and beverages for all to enjoy.
        See you all this weekend and as Joe H would say
        Have fun, Be Safe, Respect Nature!

"Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
        Ed Viesturs

Comment

Working...
        X