Winter Gathering 2017. Save the date.
March 17-19, 2017
March 17-19, 2017
The recent snow dumps this week (3/14 - 15 and beyond) will make conditions very difficult this weekend please keep in mind the only place that we want people to reach is the dining area of the ADK Trail Inn!
It does not look very likely that we will have all 46 covered this weekend so if you are hiking please go in groups, have fun and do not be afraid to call it a day if conditions warrant. Nothing is more important than the safety of every person and of course that they bring tasty food and beverages for all to enjoy.
See you all this weekend and as Joe H would say
Have fun, Be Safe, Respect Nature!
As always the ADKHighpeaks Foundation's Winter gathering will be held at the ADK Trail Inn (Note that breakfast may be ordered for Sunday. Order yours when reserving).
To book yourself a room at the ADK Trail Inn you should act quickly because there aren't that many rooms available and they usually go pretty quickly. Say you're from the forum.
- Where? ADK Trail Inn, Keene, NY 518-527-1155 For the gathering the Inn gives us a 10% off the regular rates.
- Who? Anyone who wants to come.
- How? People start to roll in on Friday night for some chit-chat, turn in early and do a hike on Saturday. By Saturday afternoon around 4:00, people, bearing large quantities of excellent hiker-friendly food, start showing up in the Inn's salon/dining room and they keep on showing up all evening long.
- Food? Pot luck (there will be a thread organizing the food).
- Additional Lodging: Tmax and Topo's World-famous Hostel Brookside Inn, Keene Valley Hostel. Also, take a look at this Trip Advisor page for Keene Valley.
- Fund raising event: What started out in 2005 as a low-key get-together has grown into a full-blown gathering and a Foundation fund raiser.
It would be great if everyone who takes part in this truly wonderful event donates generously to the Foundation. We are a relatively small player in the Adirondack scheme of things but our small size enables us to target our grants in such a way that they have a lot of impact. I think the expression is punching over our weight. Donations in the 100 dollar range may seem a bit high but think of how much we spend per year just on hiking.....or beer!