No announcement yet.

Call for Images for Winter Gathering Poster 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will send a group shot of us from the summit of Porter when I get home tonight or tomorrow... I have a shot on Cascade but I think it's a feet shot on the USGS summit marker there...

Jay

Life is a short, warm moment
    And death is a long cold rest.
    You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:
    Eighty years, with luck, or even less.
    -Pink Floyd

Comment

• KV Streamer
      KV Streamer commented
      Editing a comment
      Send 'em both--I'll work them in to the poster.

• Jay H
      Jay H commented
      Editing a comment
      KV, sent them both to your Dropbox... but I only remembered to rename the Cascade one. The one from Porter is IMG_6158.jpg

• KV Streamer
      KV Streamer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks--that makes it easy to confirm locations--got it!

I just sent you a photo of our group of 12 on the summit of Phelps Mt. It was nice meeting you briefly at the gathering.I admire your motivation to travel from Long Island for your High Peak hikes.
    Keep hiking.

Gary

Comment

• KV Streamer
      KV Streamer commented
      Editing a comment
      'got the pic. What a crew--looks like fun on Phelps! 'nice to meet you too!

Hello all, I have three photos from a pair of cowboys--any chance you guys could provide a location?
    46/46, 25/46w "I only went out for a walk, and concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." John Muir

Comment

• KV Streamer
      KV Streamer commented
      Editing a comment
      Cowboys have turned themselves in---Big Slide, Giant, and RPR. Thanks, guys!

It's been like Christmas here, receiving your photos from the Winter Gathering into Drop Box. Thanks, everyone!

Just a reminder, please submit by March 15th to be included in the poster.

And for those motivated by lists....

Summits without an image as of March 13, 9:22 PM:

Blake Peak
    Dial
    Nye
    Street

(if I have made an error--just let me know--there are two cowboys on the loose that may account for three of those summits...)

And are you all telling me no one took a planned polar plunge?!? : )
    Last edited by KV Streamer; 03-13-2016, 08:22 PM. Reason: updates
    46/46, 25/46w "I only went out for a walk, and concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." John Muir

Comment

• moosebeware
      moosebeware commented
      Editing a comment
      I did Nippletop and Dial, but only submitted a pic from Nippletop. It seemed silly to submit two pics of myself.

• KV Streamer
      KV Streamer commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Moosebeware--I'm not at home so I cannot remember if someone else ALS o did Dial/Nippletop but please go ahead and submit both images. I have a three-part goal: first, to include everyone who submits in at least one image; second, to represent a variety of activities so the poster represents a wide range of interests, third, to represent all peaks summited (so if yo are the only one to submit from both those peaks, they both go in). Thanks!

I'm still sorting my Pics.

BTW I had both Dix and Hough??

Does the Pic have to be on the Summit?

Don

Comment

• KV Streamer
      KV Streamer commented
      Editing a comment
      No, pic does not have to be on summit--this is an "all-comers" poster--looking forward to seeing your image!

Hi KV:

One of our photos was on BS. Will email Waynald to get you clarification.

Comment

• KV Streamer
      KV Streamer commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi LBM. Thanks for your msg. I'm hiking today. 'Will be back in computer range Sunday--and will follow up.

• Waynald
      Waynald commented
      Editing a comment
      KV,
      Two cowboys without glasses: Big Slide
      Two cowboys with glasses: Giant
      One cowboy shooting six-guns: RPR
      Message me if this isn't clear. Thanks for putting this together, Wayne

• KV Streamer
      KV Streamer commented
      Editing a comment
      'Got the positive I.D.s--thanks!

KV Streamer: Thank for reaching out. I'm uploading a pic for you now. God bless on doing the poster . Looking forward to seeing it!
    May your ambition for the goal allow you to be a student of the journey.

www.adirondackmountaineering.com

Comment

Just uploaded one and didn't rename it - photo from Big Slide on 12/28/15 - 5 of us in the group - sorry about that :(

Comment

2016 Winter Gathering Poster nearly finished--except for a few tweeks and logo we could say it was fully realized last night in the in the waning hours of Winter 2016--stay tuned for the official release!

Comment

Waiting with excitement and anticipation!

Comment

KVStreamer: Thanks again for taking this up this year. Can't wait to see the finished product!
            May your ambition for the goal allow you to be a student of the journey.

www.adirondackmountaineering.com

Comment

Working...
            X