Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call for Images for Winter Gathering Poster 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for Images for Winter Gathering Poster 2016

Winter Gathering Poster 2016

Yes! There will be an ADK High Peaks Forum Winter Gathering Poster 2016!

This year’s poster will feature the wide variety of winter activities* folks choose to engage in for the Winter Gathering, Saturday, March 5, 2016.

Take photos of your group! Choose the best one. Re-name it with activity and location. Examples:

skating-on-lower-cascade.jpg
    polar-bear-dip-in-phelps-brook.jpg
    summit-of-santanoni.jpg

Upload one high resolution image per group directly to:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/aAozuZnCjOZRWHKJwvhd

If you have any trouble uploading your image or have questions contact me at winn@winnrea.com.

I plan to make a PDF file for the poster available from a public Drop Box folder that forum members can download and have printed at their own expense at a service bureau like Staples.

Deadline for inclusion: March 15, 2016

*only photos observing common standards of public decency, as determined solely and arbitrarily if necessary by the volunteer compiling images, will be included (wink!).
    Last edited by KV Streamer; 02-28-2016, 07:12 AM. Reason: clarity
    46/46, 13/46w "I only went out for a walk, and concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." John Muir

Can you confirm you received..
    ADK HP 46/46 ADK HPW 13/46 http://www.idratherbehiking80.blogspot.com/ My photos "There's no such thing as failure who keeps trying, coasting near the bottom is the only disgrace." - John Popper

Comment

• KV Streamer
      KV Streamer commented
      Editing a comment
      Confirmed! Photos received for UWJ and LWJ. Thanks!

Did my photo come through from Marshall?

Comment

Yes! You look triumphant on Marshall! And for good reason! Congrats!
      46/46, 13/46w "I only went out for a walk, and concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." John Muir

Comment

Thanks for doing this, I just uploaded a selfie from Colvin (Yes, the sign says Blake, but it is the almost-Colvin-Summit sign that indicates how far it is to Blake)
        Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
        Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
        Past President Catskill 3500 Club
        CEO Views And Brews!

Trail maintainer for the Dry Brook Ridge trail from Mill Brook Road to just past the Lean-to

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          'got it--Thanks, Tom!

Saddleback summit shot uploaded. Did we get all 46 peaks?

Comment

• idratherbehiking
          idratherbehiking commented
          Editing a comment
          Not unless someone else grabbed gothics and Armstrong. I only got LWJ and UWJ. My original itinerary was all 4 but I had a newer hiker join up with me last minute and he could only get LWJ. I asked in a post earlier last week if anyone could get those other 2 but doesn't sound like it. I'm hoping someone came across the top of the
          lower range and bagged those two peaks. If not I'll take the blame for the miss.

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          Saddleback photo received!

Well I sent you Redfiled...but could not rename it? Sorry... Let me know if I need to do it again!
        Think outside...no box required !

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          Received--all good!

I sent but couldn't rename, it was my winter finish on wright with a group of 12. Hope it makes it!
        46/46 R 46/46 W

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          got it! Successfully re-named, Wright. What a great crew--and a cute pooch too! Congrats!

sent for esther and whiteface from mrsmileyns and Furface

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          'got both of 'em, twinsies!

I was unable to rename from my phone. The one where I am seated is on haystack and the selfie is from basin.
        ADK 46/46, 22w
        NH 21/48
        NE 70/115

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          Both are duely renamed--glad to know you made it to Haystack safely--'was looking at it from Table Top with our crew--and all I could see was glistening ice! congrats!

WAI Gray Sky Marcy sent. Sorry you have so many pics of my ugly mug, at least I spared you a selfie on Algonquin

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          All photos received--you must have had wings! 'pretty amazing feat! (Should I photo-shop you into Algonquin? just kidding--wink!)

Sent for the Santanoni range

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, Gandolph. I received 4 pics: one for each couch, panther, and Santa, and a great group shot (Maybe that wonderful overlook from Santa's shoulder?) thanks!

• Gandalph
          Gandalph commented
          Editing a comment
          It was from the shoulder and it was four from the forum for the santa's. Thought I'd throw that in, in case you came up one short. Thank you for confirming. Last year our pics never made it from Armstrong upper and lower WJ

I'll upload mine for the Sewards. (I'm sure rich99 doesn't have one on Seymour because he was finishing as I was starting -- at 6AM!)

Do you want one for each peak, or one from the hike? I did them solo, so they're just me.
        ADK 46/46W, Grid 218/552
        Photos & Stuff

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          One from each peak is ok for submissions. I will be sure everyone who submits is represented in some manner. Send yours in! : )

Haha, I did take the pics for proof, far from magazine quality though! We were six in between Couch and Time square, too bad we didn't take a pic!
        Glad I met you autochromatica, didn't expect to see you again Monday morning, I figured the gathering only reserved the good weather until Sunday.

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          'got your pics, Rich. Thanks!

Made it to Colden summit Saturday AM, but sadly my phone battery did not.

One selfie taken from above Lake Arnold in the drop box.

Thanks for doing this KV Streamer!

Comment

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          To confirm--that's you, J.O., with beard and blue hood, "On the way to Colden"? If so--I received your image! Thanks!

• longlaker
          longlaker commented
          Editing a comment
          That's me.

• KV Streamer
          KV Streamer commented
          Editing a comment
          'sounds good!
      Working...
      X