No announcement yet.

Sufficient number of Rooms yet to be reserved at the ADK Trail Inn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll bring my 10 gallon hat. Whatever's left over goes to the Foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
      I'll bring my 10 gallon hat. Whatever's left over goes to the Foundation.
      It was a setup. They said I could get in free if I proposed it.

Neil--in Canada do they label them as 37.85 Liter hats?

Comment

I think a large part of this is the crappy winter we've been having. Who knows if it will rain or snow, or both? I'm sure many are waiting until the last minute to make their decision on whether to attend. I vote for the hat also.
        #8335W, Solo Winter 46
        Catskill 35 (SSW) #1235
        ADK Quest #119
        HPWA All-Trails #8 (solo)
        NE 111 113/115

NPT 2019, Trans ADK Route 2021

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCedar View Post
          We pass the hat and pay for the rooms at the gathering. $5 per head would be more than enough.
          $5 raffle ticket. A chance to win a free night in one of the rooms.
          Looking for Views!

Comment

Well all the peaks are covered so sounds like a good idea to me! Heck I just want to see Neils 37.85 L Hat
            "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
            Ed Viesturs

Comment

Being a degree holding hotellier, I have to agree with Mrs. Lamb. The idea they can rent the rooms out on short notice in this odd winter is a strange notion. 60 percent occupancy is better than nothing. Besides, why chase away repeat business that's has been coming for years and will likely continue to do so if treated right. SMH.
              Adopt a natural resource. Give back.

Comment

Damn!! If I was able to get off work I would have come for sure. Unfortunately, I am a long term planner and many of these events fall on my weekends to work.
                Nothing like being in the woods.

http://www.gerardsadirondackpics.shutterfly.com

Comment

We are going to run with a Western Theme as a Dozen western hats have been donated for raffle at the Gathering. If all the rooms are not sold out, and they very well may be. We will raffle one of the rooms that night and the hats, and some patches and anything else that anyone would like to donate.
                  This is going to be FUN!
                  One week to go, time to start looking at the food thread and decide what you are going to gorge on what what you may want to bring to enhance the buffet
                  "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
                  Ed Viesturs

Comment

I will call tomorrow and book a room if still open. We were going to stay around Schroon lake to alleviate the drive on Fri night
                    ADK HP 46/46 ADK HPW 13/46 http://www.idratherbehiking80.blogspot.com/ My photos "There's no such thing as failure who keeps trying, coasting near the bottom is the only disgrace." - John Popper

Comment

It appears that there may only be one room left as the owners have rented the remaining rooms. Let's face it booking a room when there is an event like ours is not easy and we let the owners know that any of their guests would also be our guests.
                      Ed Viesturs

Comment

Now that all the rooms have been rented the idea of passing the hat for raffling off a room is passé. No problemo, I can think of some other reasons for passing a sombrero.

Comment

• moosebeware
                          moosebeware commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sombreros are only allowed if there is tequila involved....

Last room is booked
                        ADK HP 46/46 ADK HPW 13/46 http://www.idratherbehiking80.blogspot.com/ My photos "There's no such thing as failure who keeps trying, coasting near the bottom is the only disgrace." - John Popper

Comment

We have just been informed that there was a cancellation so there is one room available.
                          Please contact Amy at the ADK Trail Inn if you would like to book this room.
                          518-527-1155
                          Ed Viesturs

Comment

The canceled room was mine, which I made back in January. Unforeseen circumstances forced me to bag this year's gathering. The good news is that the ADK Trail will donate a chunk of my reservation money to the Foundation, and they have re-rented the room. Sorry, no coffee in the game room this year unless someone else steps up and can setup a coffee maker. Have a great weekend and Happy Hiking!!!!!!

teejay
                            Life, the longest random scoot.

Comment

Working...
                            X