Sufficient number of Rooms yet to be reserved at the ADK Trail Inn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sufficient number of Rooms yet to be reserved at the ADK Trail Inn

I just received a message from the Inn informing me that only 3 rooms have been reserved for the Gathering.
    In order to have the run of the Inn we have to fill the place up for the weekend.

So, if you haven't already done so please call the Inn and make your reservation now. 518-527-1155

If we haven't filled the place by Friday Feb. 20 we will have to cancel the Gathering.

Up to six rooms rented now and six more to go.

Comment

5 more to go.

Comment

that sucks! come on folks! I cant go because of work. To the Gathering with you!
        Nothing like being in the woods.

http://www.gerardsadirondackpics.shutterfly.com

Comment

As one of those first 3 to register,

With god-knows-how-many of my closest friends there last year for the party, , I find it hard to believe the place hasn't sold out already! It used to be the rooms would sell out in a flash, and then the horse trading would begin, and/or people would quadruple up with their *REALLY* closest friends, so they could get in on the fun. I'm still going, come what may, but does anyone who is not getting a room care to share why they are not going to be at ground 0 for the best party the ADKs will have this winter? Not to mention we are trying to raise money for the foundation?
          Tom Rankin - "Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go?
          Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow.
          Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light?
          Yet, conceals it to bring us the coolness of night."​

Comment

• Rik
            Rik commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll share. It was announced late and I already had plans for that night.

Just booked. 2 left

Comment

Anyone interested in sharing a room?

Comment

Please, there are still a few rooms available. It is very important that we fill the place. Tomorrow is the deadline before we have to look at alternative solutions for the gathering.
            "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
            Ed Viesturs

Comment

Originally posted by Boghollow View Post
              Just booked. 2 left
              Actually there are still 4 rooms open and they have to be rented by tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post

Actually there are still 4 rooms open and they have to be rented by tomorrow.
                Make that today.

With 4 rooms still not rented we're scratching our heads over what our options will be.

Comment

I reserved one room this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                    ... With 4 rooms still not rented we're scratching our heads over what our options will be.
                    Any local church halls or school gymnasiums available for cheap?

FWIW, Google Maps shows "Keene Community Center" in Keene, "Keene Valley Congregational Church" and "Keene Central School" in Keene Valley. No idea if they have a big meeting space and/or if it's available for rent (or free for non-profits). Probably more churches and schools in Lake Placid.

I just realized these venues, if available, might require the Gathering to be a "dry" event. :-/ That would set a helluva precedent ...
                    Last edited by Trail Boss; 02-19-2016, 10:55 AM.
                    Looking for Views!

Comment

• mastergrasshopper
                      mastergrasshopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Keene school has Auditorium and used to be host to fund raiser put on by mountaineer with world class climbers giving slide show / talks.

Would rather fill the last couple of rooms than attempt to relocate with 2 weeks to go. ADK Trail Inn has been a great venue for our purposes. We will try to work something out.
                    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
                    Ed Viesturs

Comment

So if we do not fill the rooms, and thus they won't allow the party there, are they going to let us cancel our reservations without penalty? That is the only reason to stay there that weekend.

I also wonder if the Inn would fill up completely if we were not there? Does it every weekend? Is it better for them to have most of the rooms securely rented, as opposed to a chance they could end up with only a few rented anyway?
                      Last edited by AlpineLamb; 02-19-2016, 08:43 PM.
                      Think outside...no box required !

Comment

We pass the hat and pay for the rooms at the gathering. $5 per head would be more than enough.

Comment

• Thomas
                          Thomas commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My thoughts also.

• mastergrasshopper
                          mastergrasshopper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I vote pass the hat
                          put in the difference between gas price travel expense last year and this !!

• Little Brown Mushroom
                          Little Brown Mushroom commented
                          Editing a comment
                          As always Mr. Cedar is the voice of reason. Sounds good to me.
                      Working...
                      X