Winter Gathering 2016 Food Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil View Post
    Think I'll bring Haggus and cured walrus liver.
    Haggis - sorry I will miss that. i will be in Scotland on the 5th - I will make sure that I have some real haggis in your honor.
    “In the dust of defeat as well as the laurels of victory there is a glory to be found if one has done his best.”
    ― Eric Liddell

Comment

I will be bringing some good ole polish Kielbasa...full of calories and flavor ... Not health food
      ADK HP 46/46 ADK HPW 13/46 http://www.idratherbehiking80.blogspot.com/ My photos "There's no such thing as failure who keeps trying, coasting near the bottom is the only disgrace." - John Popper

Comment

A three cheese penne pasta main course offering, some refried bean dip to get things "started" and some delicious cold beverages.

Comment

Gorp, granola bars, bits of chocolate covered in lint, Cliff bars....

Comment

Originally posted by alistair View Post

Haggis - sorry I will miss that. i will be in Scotland on the 5th - I will make sure that I have some real haggis in your honor.
            We'll miss you, Alistair! So, Fran wanted me to ask, did you decide to go to Scotland now that you are a citizen and they have to let you back in upon your return?
            Nature we have always with us, an inexhaustible storehouse of that which moves the heart, appeals to the mind, and fires the imagination - health to the body, a stimulus to the intellect, and a joy to the soul. - John Burroughs

Comment

i'll bring crackers and pungent cheese
              'As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm. Jump. It is not as wide as you think'. From a Native American initiation rite
              'Following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been - Tool
              Lyon Mountain Trail Adopter

Comment

Chunky, meaty pasta. Sorry vegans. 🍝

Comment

Anyone who cannot bring food can help by bringing beverages (adult or soft drinks), paper plates, napkins, cups, plastic silverware.
                  Please post if you can bring any of these items.
                  "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
                  Ed Viesturs

Comment

• BillB
                    BillB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have plates, napkins, plasticware. You have a quantity needed in mind?
                    I will have two large bottles of hard cider - one from Nine Pin Cider and one homemade of reasonable (questionable?) quality. And some oatmeal stout also.

• ADKJack
                    ADKJack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Bill,
                    Ideally enough for about 75 people

First time winter gatherer...
                  I will bring potatoes roasted with Rosemary. And as a first time potato roaster I'll bring adult beverages to help wash them down. And paper plates.

Comment

I will be bringing Indian food (not spicy) in the form of chicken breast chunks in a rich sauce with rice and plenty of onions, slowly carmelized in butter to a dark golden brown, to put on top.

Comment

I was going to bring the same dish as Laurie, so instead I'll bring some local Philly-area beer.
                      ADK 46/46W + MacNaughton, Grid 277/552
                      Photos & Stuff

Comment

Hi All, Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but Susan is gluten free. Makes fueling a tiny bit challenging, but we have it down. So we will bring both, A. GF pasta with meatballs and sauce (I'm not GF but one of our kids is also, and we all find this dish very filling and tasty) and B. GF brownies. -Robert.

Comment

Working...
                        X