Winter Gathering Peaks List 3/5/2016 and other activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joooles, go check your PMs
    'As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm. Jump. It is not as wide as you think'. From a Native American initiation rite
    'Following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been - Tool
    Lyon Mountain Trail Adopter

Comment

Going with idratherbehiking.

Comment

• idratherbehiking
        idratherbehiking commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the forum...buddy ole pal. Looking forward to next weekend. Hitting Giant today with Audra

Any chance someone can take gothics and Armstrong? Friend who is coming probably can't get all 4 but I don't want to leave a gap in the plans to get on all 46 peaks. We can definitely get UWJ and LWJ. Let me know.

Looks like no takers. We are going to go for all 4 . Looking forward to this weekend!
      ADK HP 46/46 ADK HPW 13/46 http://www.idratherbehiking80.blogspot.com/ My photos "There's no such thing as failure who keeps trying, coasting near the bottom is the only disgrace." - John Popper

Comment

I believe that I'll be heading to Saddleback with the guys....

Comment

Oliver, got / replied to the PM, Mikey and I are mackin' on Mac.
          sigpic

Comment

Well we have all the peaks covered and I know I am getting psyched for another great gathering. Weather has not been great this year and there could be some tough conditions especially around water crossings this weekend so.....
            The most important thing about the gathering is arriving there safely! putting people on all 46 is a great way to pass the day getting ready for the food, and fun to be had Saturday evening but is not in anyway a requirement if conditions are not good, turn around, find something else to do or take a nap whatever floats your boat. As much fun as hiking is it is not nearly as fun as getting together, seeing old friends and making new ones.

So have fun, Be Safe, Respect Nature and show up for the gathering
            "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
            Ed Viesturs

Comment

Some Last minute Opportunities: Haystack, Basin, Blake

Due to circumstances beyond our control we have last minute openings for Haystack and Basin
              And TFR would appreciate some company on Colvin and Blake
              "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
              Ed Viesturs

Comment

Dealing with my 25 second graders has given me a bit of a chest cold but the weather is looking too tempting. I will give Ha and Ba a go! No guarantees. I will be flying solo from the garden (not) bright and early. I always love the company.
              ADK 46/46, 22w
              NH 21/48
              NE 70/115

Comment

Good luck on your quests everyone! Hope I can join you next year!
                “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” John Muir

ADK46: 46/46 9W
                CAT35: 13/35(39)
                WNH4K: 21/48

Comment

Good luck to all, bummed that I wasn't able to get up there this year.
                  #7365W

Comment

• AlpineLamb
                    AlpineLamb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We missed you!

Dix and Hough were climbed

Don

Comment

Sorry ya'll we did not tag all 4 (GoArUwjLwj)...Mregula and I completed LWJ and I got UWJ solo.....Hopefully someone else grabbed those two
                    ADK HP 46/46 ADK HPW 13/46 http://www.idratherbehiking80.blogspot.com/ My photos "There's no such thing as failure who keeps trying, coasting near the bottom is the only disgrace." - John Popper

Comment

3 separate groups of two did Santanoni, Couchsachragra and Panther. Gandalph and CoreyD, Rich99 and fellow hiker and bethaluna and fellow hike. Great day too late and to far to make it gathering.

Comment

Someone had asked in the photo thread if we'd gotten all 46 and I wanted to put my response here also..."Not unless someone else grabbed gothics and Armstrong. I only got LWJ and UWJ. My original itinerary was all 4 but I had a newer hiker join up with me last minute and he could only get LWJ. I asked in a post earlier last week if anyone could get those other 2 but doesn't sound like it. I'm hoping someone came across the top of the
                      lower range and bagged those two peaks. If not I'll take the blame for the miss."

If we didn't get all 46, my apologies to the group.

Comment

Folks, what peaks have NOT been accounted for? I am hearing Gothics and Armstrong, and I think I know of a Forum member (not a regular poster, but nonetheless) who did these. Please let me know, in addition to other peaks. Thanks!
                        We are closer now than we were five minutes ago

Comment

• MtnManJohn
                          MtnManJohn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Forum members Supman and Hikergirl123 did summit Gothics and Armstrong on Saturday and they do have summit photos. FYI
                      Working...
                      X