Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Full Deck Raises $5,300 for LASAR (Lower Adirondack Search And Rescue)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Full Deck Raises $5,300 for LASAR (Lower Adirondack Search And Rescue)

ADKHighpeaks Foundation is happy to announce that through the efforts of one Neil Luckhurst and the gracious and always amazing support of the hiking community and members here the foundation was able to make its THIRD grant for 2016!!
    Project Full Deck was an incredible fundraising adventure as Neil attempted to summit 52 peaks in a 15 day period through a combination of trailed and non-trailed peaks. Here is the link to the blog outlining the project start to finish

The Photo below is from the check presentation on Oct 15 conducted at T-Max and Topo's Hostel. The hostel was gracious enough to host Chief Logistics and Operations Officer PFD, AKA Sylvie Luckhurst, for the entirety of the project. There support for this effort and that of the foundation and this forum is not overlooked and greatly appreciated.

Pictured from left to right: Sylvie Luckhurst, Neil Luckhurst, Topo, Dave Gomlak (T-Max and Topo's Hostel), Gretchen Stark (President LASAR), Jack Coleman (ADK Jack), John Sasso (LASAR), Peter Benoit (LASAR)

Click image for larger version

Name:	LASAR Check Presentation small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	2396

"Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

When I started this project I wasn't planning on making it a fund-raiser or publicizing it beyond a trip report. But Jack influenced me and now LASAR has 5300 bucks to play with! Good going Jack.

Comment

Great job Neil!

Comment

The money raised through the hard efforts (physically, logistically, and otherwise) of Neil, Sylvia, ADKJack , et al, and those who donated, will benefit not just LASAR, but indirectly other SAR teams, the Forest Rangers, and other rescue personnel who get involved. During a SAR incident where LASAR - actually, any SAR team for that matter - gets called up, the team works not only with the Forest Rangers and law enforcement, but most often other SAR teams in NYS. Everyone works as one team, not just to find the missing subject but are also there to help each other out. With the money raised to go towards equipment, training, etc., a well-prepared SAR team ends up benefiting all involved, let alone who we are trying to locate and their families and loved-ones.
        We are closer now than we were five minutes ago

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lasar_0002.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	2449
          How about that! Nice lead-in to the upcoming winter gathering fund raiser huh?
          Attached Files

Comment

• MtnManJohn
            MtnManJohn commented
            Editing a comment
            Well deserved, Neil. Many people appreciate your efforts and will greatly benefit as well :-)
        Working...
        X