Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ADKHP Foundation Annual Meeting

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 ADKHP Foundation Annual Meeting

Hello friends,

I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself . Many may not know me, but I am part of the ADKHPF team that helps drive these sites, and more importantly, the charitable side of things that go along with the formation.

I just got back from Keene, where the Foundation -Board of Birectors- met for our annual meeting. It was a very productive meeting and we are excited to enter the new year with an enhanced agenda to move us forward. In order reach our lofty goals for the next year or so, we'll certainly need the help of a few of good men and women from the forums. In the days and weeks ahead, you may be getting a call from one of the Foundation leaders to help out. We hope that you take that opportunity. You may even feel you have some qualities that will help us more forward and want to volunteer to come forward to help. either way, we welcome your efforts and hope that you can help move us to the next level

Soon, we'll put out the minutes of the meeting which will get into more of the specifics, but for now, I just wanted to share our excitement for the future. In the past 4 years, we've given out over $25,000 hard earned $$ to wilderness projects and we look forward to giving even more money away.
    Last edited by Mavs00; 10-16-2012, 07:17 PM.
    "The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb

Cool Tim.

I find it amazing how you and Scott are able to work with those geriatric folks you are on the executive board with. It really takes a special kind of person to devote such time to the elderly. Do you have to speak slowly so they understand?
    Adopt a natural resource. Give back.

Comment

Originally posted by Commissionpoint View Post
      Cool Tim.

I find it amazing how you and Scott are able to work with those geriatric folks you are on the executive board with. It really takes a special kind of person to devote such time to the elderly. Do you have to speak slowly so they understand?
      Hmm - I must have some folks fooled about my advancing years.
      Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterWarlock View Post
        Hmm - I must have some folks fooled about my advancing years.
        50 is the new 30 Scott!!!

I was talking more about how Neil and Jack still get out there all the time. Jack with his carrying construction supplies, and Neil with all those bushwhacks. I sure hope I can still do that stuff when I'm in my 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by Commissionpoint View Post
          I was talking more about how Neil and Jack still get out there all the time. Jack with his carrying construction supplies, and Neil with all those bushwhacks. I sure hope I can still do that stuff when I'm in my 80's.
          I hope you can also, speaking for the two old guys we rely heavily on the youth movement of the board, those little wippersnappers are really the cats pajamas.
          BTW could you use a larger font when posting anything relating to Neil or me. You know at our age the eye's are not what they used to be.

Seriously we look forward to the continued support of the forum members and strive to do more for the forest preserve.
          "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
          Ed Viesturs

Comment

Originally posted by ADKJack View Post
            BTW could you use a larger font when posting anything relating to Neil or me. You know at our age the eye's are not what they used to be.
            No Problem Jack. You guys keep up the excellent work!

Comment

I generally don't find it too difficult to get the old guys to the meeting (what the hell else do they have to do), but when we plan a pre-meeting hike, I generally assume that I have to supply the "wicking" Depends garments or they won't agree to hike with me.

What's a guy to do.
              "The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb

Comment

I'm pretty sure that at least one of the old fogies still gets it together to do a hike now and again.

All kidding aside it was a very productive meeting. Clearly, the reach of the foundation is dependent upon the degree to which we succeed in inspiring you, the forum members to commit some of your resources to the Adirondacks.
                Project Full Deck Blog.
                Make a "Full-Deck" Donation to SAR

Comment

Back to the Original Post...

The minutes for the meeting are now available on the Foundation website, in accordance with the Bylaws.
                  Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

Comment

Working...
                  X